All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Thumbs Up for Blue Hill Wildlife Nursery

DrDirtNap

5 year old buck +
Just wanted to let you all know that I received my trees from Blue Hill. They were in great shape with good roots. Ryan was great to work with. I would recommend them for anyone looking for Wildlife fruit trees.

e38dabd4a6aa9784c70e671d4d0981d1.jpg
d0c73ac68c6de46bed2c38cbfc85152f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good looking root system there..

Nice. Which trees did you choose?

Can't wait until this spring to get mine.

I am also anxiously awaiting my order from them! Great looking trees!

I got several of his named varieties of crabapples and a few pears. Primarily ones that drop later in the season.

I got several of his named varieties of crabapples and a few pears. Primarily ones that drop later in the season.

Which rootstock on the apples?

Nice healthy looking trees.

Are those bare root?!?!?!

They look like the photos in a rootmaker ad

bill

Which rootstock on the apples?

Either B118 or dolgo

Are those bare root?!?!?!

They look like the photos in a rootmaker ad

bill

Yes bare root

Looks good. They have a couple varieties I'd like to order, but of course, they are out of stock. Can you tell me when you ordered? Thanks for the heads-up, they look like a good source for apples trees.

I'd have to check but I believe I have 2 Kerr, 2 Malus pear, 2 Winter pear, and 2 Rifle pear coming. Ordered quite a few months ago it feels like.

DrDirtNap, great looking root system on those trees, trees make that shovel look awful small, can’t hardly wait for my trees come spring.

Looks good. They have a couple varieties I'd like to order, but of course, they are out of stock. Can you tell me when you ordered? Thanks for the heads-up, they look like a good source for apples trees.

I think I ordered about four days after they were up and running. They were already sold out of several trees I was interested in.

Thanks DrDirt... I contacted Ryan and he told me how to get notification via e-mail as soon as the out-of-stock varieties I was looking for do become available. I won't be sitting on my hands when I get that notification. I'm glad you brought this nursery to our attention, they seem to have good stock and know their stuff - thanks.

^^^^ FOMO, Bill !! Good attractors come archery season.

^^^^ FOMO, Bill !! Good attractors come archery season.

The only thing I’ll be missing is the trees when the deer and voles and rabbits get done with them.. :)

That’s how it happened last time I tried.