Turkey Hunt Success

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
Connected with a pretty nice one this morning. I had called in several jakes at two different places and was beginning to wonder if any toms were going to show. Also had a coyote to come in and mess me up, but never got within shotgun range. I just moved to another spot after that and found this one.

Bird weighed 23.1 lbs. We are allowed 2 spring birds. I may go back out later in the week if there is another good opportunity to go, but pretty happy with just one bird and a beautiful morning in the woods.

f4K8Nbvh.jpg

K69akAbh.jpg

T5l7Lifh.jpg

I really like that first picture! Good job.

Congrats! The weather here isn't turkey season yet, might have to break out the snow camo.

^^^Ha! My dad was out hunting in MN this morning and did wear snow camo!

Great bird!

Great bird and beautiful photos. Really like that first one.

Just got back from a walk and found some gobbler tracks in the snow. He was following a hen and you could see the drag marks in the snow from his wings as he was strutting. Our season opens in 2 weeks...hoping the snow will be gone by then.

Great bird and beautiful photos. Really like that first one.

Just got back from a walk and found some gobbler tracks in the snow. He was following a hen and you could see the drag marks in the snow from his wings as he was strutting. Our season opens in 2 weeks...hoping the snow will be gone by then.

Thanks and good luck to you. I hope it warms up some for you before then.

Way to go Native! I’m chasing KY longbeards right now myself. Good luck on your second bird!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. Headed to MO tomorrow!

Way to go Native! I’m chasing KY longbeards right now myself. Good luck on your second bird!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. Headed to MO tomorrow!

Thanks guys and good luck to both of you.

I got rested up this afternoon and decided to try it again tomorrow.

Way to go Native! Indiana opener is next Wednesday. I'm taking vacation and I feel like my son Jake may be absent from school.

Way to go Native! Indiana opener is next Wednesday. I'm taking vacation and I feel like my son Jake may be absent from school.

Sounds like a plan. I hope you boys put the hurt on them.

Nice bird Native! Congrats!

Our season comes in Monday morning...I'm starting to get pumped up.

Way to go! Beautiful bird!

Grats Steve! I went out Tue and didn't here a google one:( Been busy mowing. Hope to get my gobbler this weekend!

Grats Steve! I went out Tue and didn't here a google one:( Been busy mowing. Hope to get my gobbler this weekend!

Jordan, today was one of those silent mornings here. It's crazy how just one day can make a big difference with turkeys. Good luck buddy!!!!

Congratulations! I hope I can get my son one in Pennsylvania tomorrow!