Trail cam UFO?

Bill

Administrator
Absolutely no clue.. Camera has been here for years and I never got this pic. 3 pics in three seconds and gone. It never moved. Way to high to be a flashlight

image.jpeg

Aliens.

How about a helicopter flying by?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a chopper. I don't think it's the moon. Moon was big Yesterday and I've never seen it on this camera.

I can't imagine it's a chopper. It looks to big to be eye reflection as well. If I had to guess I would say maybe the moon, or some crazy reflection off of something. Is this an IR cam. I am assuming so.

Not sure but maybe that is where my alien came from that I got on my trail camera a couple years ago
82cf3b9bced9ab684dc30a61a11c9833.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Absolutely no clue.. Camera has been here for years and I never got this pic. 3 pics in three seconds and gone. It never moved. Way to high to be a flashlight

View attachment 14375

How do you know how high it is? Seems like it could be large, far, and high or small close and low. When you zoom in on the original full size pic, can you tell if part of the circle is in front of the branch or if it is just the glow of the light or reflection that extends in front of the branch? Have a daytime pic so we can see the background? I have no idea what it is, but those are a few of the things I'd start looking at.

If you got real interested, you can increase the picture quality by using all three images. I believe the full version of photoshop has an image stacking function. There are a lot of factors that go into the quality of the image. You can't really improve resolution this way, but one of the things that degrades quality is the noise figure associated with the image sensor. Gaussian noise is random and will be different in each picture. When you stack images that are aligned, the real data in the image adds and the noise averages out.

I'm not sure if any of this will actually answer the question. Most of the UFO's folks see in game camera pictures are generally reflections from insects near the flash or occasionally water droplets. Your picture is interesting because of how symmetrical the circle is and the fact that it appears in 3 consecutive images and then not again. Most things I can think of in the near field would not reflect a perfect circle that bright.

Thanks,

Jack

my vote is moon, how long is the interval between pics? my cameras are set on 3 images, 5 seconds apart, and then a pause, 5 minutes, till next sequence is shot.
moon did not trigger the camera, something else un noticed did, and was not there again while moon was still in frame. check first image in sequence for signs of the triggering item,

Ha. I'm not a UFo believer. Here is all three. Camera is set to take 3 pics per event. 1 second between events. So basically it gives me 3 pics per event every second. Lots of pics when a deer is standing there eating. Only got the 3 bursts on this thing and it never moved. Here is a deer for height and a day time pic.

Probably a fire fly with gas but what do I know.

image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png

Spooky. When I zoom in it seems to be in front of the limb. Im going with fire fly gas!

I say moon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We could start by checking the moon theory. Here is a link: http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/AltAz.php

Based on your camera position is the moon a possibility? You could probably consider other celestial bodies similarly. Is the top picture the earliest trigger after the phenomenon?

Thanks,

Jack

Also, when I look at the daytime picture, I see another branch that is not visible in the picture with the phenomenon. If the object was behind the tree, that other branch will be seen crossing the light. I also agree that the object appears to be in front of the visible branch.

Given this, I have a theory. There is a seal that is supposed to go around the LED array sealing it to the Lexan covering so all the light exits there on my Orion's. I'm presuming these are X-series images and I'm not as familiar with them. On my older Orion cameras, sometimes this foam seal comes loose. I haven't noticed any real picture issues so I've ignored it.

If somehow, some light from the LED array is entering the lens area and exiting through the Lexan covering the lens, then a droplet of water on the Lexan could reflect light back into the lens. Since it is so close to the lens compared to the rest of the objects, even a little light reflected could look bright.

I'm not sure this is it, but I think it could be possible.

Thanks,

Jack

I think it is the moon. It looks very similar to a pic I took last month with my phone.
These two pics were taken at midnight. I lightened the second pic.
88524821b570ba24a60df753c304048c.jpg
2ef8017134f90f16a811075f1c1542d0.jpg

I'm under Attack!!
These are bugs.

image.png image.png image.png image.png

Also, when I look at the daytime picture, I see another branch that is not visible in the picture with the phenomenon. If the object was behind the tree, that other branch will be seen crossing the light. I also agree that the object appears to be in front of the visible branch.

Given this, I have a theory. There is a seal that is supposed to go around the LED array sealing it to the Lexan covering so all the light exits there on my Orion's. I'm presuming these are X-series images and I'm not as familiar with them. On my older Orion cameras, sometimes this foam seal comes loose. I haven't noticed any real picture issues so I've ignored it.

If somehow, some light from the LED array is entering the lens area and exiting through the Lexan covering the lens, then a droplet of water on the Lexan could reflect light back into the lens. Since it is so close to the lens compared to the rest of the objects, even a little light reflected could look bright.

I'm not sure this is it, but I think it could be possible.

Thanks,

Jack

That could be it. An upgrade on the X80 later model lenses is a black out on the lexan on top of the flash. It help keep light from leaking through and causing a hazy looking night pic. The original did not have that.