Tractor HP

Another thing to consider......is that the closer the openers are placed behind the tractors rear wheels......the less effect it would have on minor steering by the operator. I can see the difference between my 3P500 and my old SAYA....which was a far longer drill. In tight areas being able to lift the drill and reposition the tractor is golden.

Man, i sure like how the pull behind drills plant.. Need to do some testing this spring but still might sell the new 3p600 if i cant get it to plant close to as well as the little 3' pull type and there's lots of turning and backing with a 3' drill so that 6' 3pt drill is notably more convenient. That said, hooking up to a pull type is easier and quicker and i feel better about driving around pulling vs with a bunch of weight on the 3pt.

Man, i sure like how the pull behind drills plant.. Need to do some testing this spring but still might sell the new 3p600 if i cant get it to plant close to as well as the little 3' pull type and there's lots of turning and backing with a 3' drill so that 6' 3pt drill is notably more convenient. That said, hooking up to a pull type is easier and quicker and i feel better about driving around pulling vs with a bunch of weight on the 3pt.
There is no weight on the three point when you set it down. I agree the pull type drills have a few advantages in some situations....but the convenience of a mounted drill outweighs the pull-type benefits on small properties IMO. The main reason they make pull-type implements is that they are too wide and too heavy to mount 'em.

Enjoy your new drill...pretty sure you will be happy. If you decide to sell.....look me up.

Question for you guys- would I be sorry if I go with the 16hp Kubota diesel? Or should I go bigger or different brand? Smaller property, sandy soil. Use will be tilling, digging, moving logs.
I have a 2601 and consider it bare minimum for tilling and moving logs. It has enough power, but more often than not doesn't weigh enough to be able to use the power. My Ford 4610SU does the bigger work these days.