Topper hoist

Nice, I did that a decade ago, but used wire cables. Two cables run down to a hand boat winch crank on the back wall. Makes putting a heavy fiberglass cap on/off a one man job. With the cap on the truck, the lift above is used to store the kayaks. :emoji_wink:

When the topper is on the truck I have no need for more garage storage. Decoys, cart, sled and layoutblinds live in the back of the truck. Tree stands are gone as well. It looks like a barren wasteland from Oct to February.

Did some tinkering with it this time. I have enough mechanical advantage to raise and lower with 1 hand. Got it alot higher now.20190126_130642.jpg

Nice!
I used a $100 electric winch from harbor freight. The cap stays on my truck anymore so now I use it to hang the sneak box.
Going to hang it back up today or tomorrow. I'll remember to take a pic.

Hung it today.

I wish my storage area was as neat and clean as yours!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That outboard makes it a bit more of a challenge, but you got it nice and high.

Sweet old truck under the load. What is it?

-John

Sweet old truck under the load. What is it?

51 Dodge.
Way off topic but to be perfectly honest it's in my way. It was my fathers tinker toy. After he passed my brother stored it for years not wanting to let it go. I brought it over last winter and put more $ into getting it drivable than it's worth. Supposed to go back to my brother but he hasn't showed up for it in the past 6 months. :(

Again way off topic. I have a few tinker cars of my own. I routinely tell my son these are my hobbies. When I die they are not to be made sentimental anchors. Their just metal, Sell the frigin things and don't look back! I got my enjoyment out of them and that was the only point....