All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Those who can't do, teach...

SD51555

5 year old buck +
And those who can't teach, teach phy-Ed.

I've been teaching my buddy the mechanics of soil and fertility. He did a spray, wait, spread seed/AMS, mow plot this year. He let his rye go to near maturity when he did it. Here's what he got.

a7ca1115af6ca446c46cf576b8b1bd92.jpg

63d0b1e7791efc46f22b470efdd76842.jpg

1f573901c948e3f2c7757e55e21a9ad6.jpg

7ca470c2df31e90476c87cec5825b559.jpg

Sent from my mobile land management office.

Very Nice!

Only thing missing is the deer!

This guy is a never ending comedy. Hence the "those who can't do, teach" on my part. I've been after him for two years to do a soil sample and run a camera. Still haven't gotten a sample done correctly, and his camera was set on time lapse in short intervals for over a month. He got thousands of pics of nothing. Yet, he will luck into a great deer. Same thing happens with fishing. Shows up with garbage tackle, I borrow him mine, set it up for him, and he nails the big ones every time we're out.

Looks like you did a good job of teaching, nice looking plot.

Last edited:
I think he also got a lot of good out of not tilling under his thatch. That's a pretty nice looking bed of straw under that plot.

Sent from my mobile land management office.

Very nice.