"The Zombie Buck" - Buck w/ giant hole in his side

MattDDO

5 year old buck +
Something I've never seen before. This buck behind my house appears to have a giant hole in his right side. Looks like a hunting related wound to me (seeing how its right behind his shoulder) but I have no idea what happened to this buck. This photo is the first one where I noticed the hole. I then started going back through trail cam pics of this year and realized I had a bunch for photos of this buck. I put together this quick video with all those photos and a June update of him:
He's actually shaping up to be a really nice SW Michigan Buck. I've named him "Zombie" after many Facebook comments calling him "The Zombie Buck."

PRMS0029.JPG

Old Zombie buck is exactly why I won’t use rage broadheads....:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Good luck with him this season.

Do Rage broadheads injure a lot of deer?

Do Rage broadheads injure a lot of deer?

Can’t speak to the new hypodermic as they have a newer tip on them. The old ones with the little blade tip where notorious for deflecting. I hit two does “in the shoulder” and the arrow bounced back and fell out with like zero penetration. That flat blade tip bent in half. I know your not supposed to hit the shoulder but.....

I moved on to small fixed blades, muzzy or slick trick and haven’t looked back.

Old Zombie buck is exactly why I won’t use rage broadheads....:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Good luck with him this season.

I never had any luck with any mechanicals. I switched to fixed blade and never looked back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk