All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rare elusive Purple Headed Gadwall....and I found Two!

Sweet!

I'm not a water-fowler, but I never even heard of that duck. Really cool pix, Steve !! Sharp looking duck for sure.

Awesome, I have never head of that duck either.

They are just weird color variations of Regular Gadwalls. I have only seen one before that was shot in ND last fall. These are the first 2 I have seen alive. Sure wish I could have had a few more sessions with them before they flew the coop.

Very nice. I love looking at the pictures you post.

Glad you like them!

If you ever get a picture of the rare..."two peckered owl" please post!!:)

In the Mopar world we call that Plum Crazy :D

Nice pics.

What camera and lens do you shoot with? I have a Cannon 5D Mark III and my favorite lens is the EF 70-200 f/2.8 IS II USM

These were all shot with a Nikon D810 and a 600MM F4. I also have a D800 that I use with a 300 2.8 VRII that takes killer shots.

These were all shot with a Nikon D810 and a 600MM F4. I also have a D800 that I use with a 300 2.8 VRII that takes killer shots.

Either you are a pro or you have a very expensive hobby!

We'll just call myself a pays for itself Amateur! I got way too much to learn yet.

Very nice pictures!!

Great shots as usual.