The MO110 - A Farm Tour

WMO...glad to see you made it over here!

Good lookin spot. How's your acorn crop looking this year.

The white oak's are few and far between on our place, most of them are up top along the CRP boundary, honestly haven't checked the vast majority. The pinoak in the middle produced last year, I didn't even check this weekend to see what it was looking like!

KuIxMcXh.jpg

Holy smokes - you got things happening big time!

Slowly, still pretty basic happenings around here. Can't wait to get some time soon to dive off into your entire thread, Native! My Winter and Spring Project list keep's getting longer and I can't wait.

Glad to see some more Mo boys on here! All these cabins are giving me the itch to build one! Your farm looks like a slice of heaven! Perfect setup
Are those pines or spruce around your plot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jordan, I believe they are a bald cypress - or something similar. They West Side of our property could be turned into a Duck Marsh with all the water it holds. They planted a ton of these down there to help with water control.

No big updates from the weekend - my ambition is always bigger than my reality. Still had a productive Saturday though! Mainly worked on Brush Hogging/Spraying and preparing Fall Plots. I hadn't been on the West Side of my Property since Late April Turkey Hunting, the mass amounts of rain we've received in this part of the country has kept me flooded out. The growth was severe, had to do some hinge cutting with the pole saw just to access where limbs had grown over the logging road. It was also HOT! I called it quits by 1:30.

w8Yr1Mwh.jpg

My Wife started tearing through some Summer Growth Thursday Night - She doesn't enjoy seeing snakes or messing with bugs, but she will sit on the Tractor for hours! I just supervised and made mental lists on Winter Projects.

Itg5g6ah.jpg

This 1 acre plot is shaped like a horse shoe with drainage separation through the middle. The North side is clover, which needs fertilized and reseeded in September. The South Side will be broadcasted with a Brassica Mix here in the next few weeks.

Before:

AHe4u97h.jpg

After:

3Tt0htYh.jpg

This Tree got the Beetle Treatment this weekend, hoping it kills them all off. Need to do some major pruning on the orchard I started this past spring. My knowledge of fruit tree's is still extremely minimal, they seem to be doing fine though as of now. Early Spring '17 I will shape them up.

DDPcTRrh.jpg