Temperate Orchard Conservancy

greyphase

5 year old buck +
TOC_scion_004.jpg

Got my scion from the Temperate Orchard Conservancy. They are replicating Nick Botner's orchard which is the largest private apple tree collection in the country. Nice sized scion of some rare old Limbertwig varieties. You can never have enough scion wood sources. :emoji_smile:

I received Shannon Pippin Scion wood from them Yesterday. TOC is great. They took over Nick Botner's collection of 40 years. Mr. Botner had 4,500 Varieties of apples. TOC (Temperate Conservancy Orchard.com) has duplicated 3,500 apple tree Varities of the Late Mr. Botner's Collection, and are working on the last 1000 varieties. You can see a list of 3,500 old varities on TOC's web site Here: http://www.temperateorchardconservancy.org/about/botner/ Go to right side column and down to click on TOC apple list, its a downloadable .pdf of 3,500 old and hard to find apple tree's. TOC works on donation's mostly but does sell apple wood scion. We who search for old trees need this resource so let's do business with them if you can. I could not find Shannon pippin any where else, my other source dried up.

Great info. Thanks for posting about TOC, Greyphase & kpr !!

Your Welcome and thanks for the reply

Yeah, know what you mean! smiling.

Funny you posted this I received hanging dog Smokey my levering and namthalia red from TOC yesterday.

Thats a lot of rootstock to get to 4500 variety @kpr :emoji_grin:

Yeah buddy, glad it ain't me doing it.