Telltale Blue

chucker66

5 year old buck +
Thoughts on this product? It seems a bit pricey although you don't use a lot and it should last a long time. With the price of Gly going through the roof this might be a way to save some?

Chuck

What is it?

Oh. I don't think it was that brand but I've tried Blue dye and never seemed to be able to see it. I built a poor boy foamer that was a PIA.
Then I got a GPS unit. Problem solved, but like everything, not cheap.

I use it mixed with triclopyr/diesel when doing basal bark or stump treatment on buckthorn/honeysuckle. It's visible there but i lay it on thick. Not tried for a gly spray.

Not much luck here with it. I use my ATV wheel path as a guide. only got a 1gpm pump and 15 gal tank, so I spray 7ft wide with 2 nozzles. Usually about 13-15 gallons per acrea at 5 mph.

That stuff stained the back plastics of my ATV though. 2 years and it's almost out of the plastics.

No AG chemical expert, but other chemicals like 2,4D didnt seem to go that much up. if your keeping clover alive butyrac 200 might work for you too. These can be mixed with gly, so you might be able to use less gly. Adding ammonium sulfate to gly helps make certain weeds less resistant to gly.

Adding some fertilizer a few days or a week before spray allows weeds to take gly into the roots a bit better. If possible avoid dry spells too, plants can go into dormancy.

If you tilling up the land, some folks till to kill the large stuff, then wait for the new seeds to sprout back, then spray those new plants. Same goes with target chemicals. Find one that kills most of your stuff, then followup with a spray of gly a week or two later.

Last edited: