All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tankless hot water heater

hunts_with_stick

5 year old buck +
So I just picked up a tankless hot water heater that works off of propand. I’m thinking of using it for an outdoor shower for my shed/:mini cabin. An have any experience using one? Any thoughts or ideas appreciated

I plan on using a 50 gallon barrel for my water supply

I had one that was propane that hooked up to a garden hose. It worked great, the only problem i had was barely having enough water pressure to keep it on. My friend has one that he uses a 5 gallon bucket for elk hunting. Im sure you will like it. I now. have a small electric one for my shower at my cabin. I love it. No bulky tank, nothing to drain, and hot water in 30 seconds that never runs out.

Do you know if I need to put the water holding tank up high?

They require a certain amount of flow to work.

I had one until we installed electric. It worked great. I used a 12 volt pump with it for pressure.

I just picked up an battery operated pump as well. Hoping to put something together. Does't need to be fancy, just something to wash off with after working or a long day.

I use a 1hp pump connected to a 330gallon tank. I put a gutter on one side of my pole barn and 1inch of rainwater fills the tank. I use 4 100watt solar panels to power 200ah lithium batteries. I then have a 3000w inverter. I run lights. Pump. And have 2 110w outlets to run anything I want to plug in.

IMG_0733.jpeg