All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestions on Handheld Herbicide Sprayer

Codie Gleason

Yearling... With promise
I’m looking at getting new handheld herbicide sprayers to use for cut-stump and hack and squirt. I’m currently using the Stihl SG-10 model and I’m not a big fan of the newer model Stihl’s. What have y’all used that is reliable and durable that can withstand everyday use?

As far as I know Stihl makes chainsaws, very good ones as I have owned many. On their sprayers, they are adding their name on someone elses product.

What are you spraying in terms of herbicide & fluid?

Solo backpack 425 model

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

People always poo-poo me. But I’ve been using a cheap harbor freight backpack sprayer for about 4 year now. Cheap enough to buy extras.

I bought an expensive one from Home depot with a roundup decal on it and it leaked after 1 year.

As far as I know Stihl makes chainsaws, very good ones as I have owned many. On their sprayers, they are adding their name on someone elses product.

What are you spraying in terms of herbicide & fluid?[/QUOTE

What are you spraying in terms of herbicide & fluid?

Glyphosate (Accord & Rodeo)
Triclapyr 3 & 4
Basal oil

I always used a simple one quart pray bottle. The problem is they always end up leaking rather quickly. Last fall I was in Lowe's and noticed Round-up in a spray quart bottle. I figured if it would hold up for them it should do the same for me. I bought one and used it up on a lot of old wild rose bushes. Then I put pure Round-up in it for hack and squirt. It held up and still doesn't leak.