Striper fishing

Bszweda

5 year old buck +
Went out fishing in Portland Maine and had a blast catching some stripers. Caught a 39 incher.

Attachments

• IMG_20230702_141321.jpg
    IMG_20230702_141321.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 31
Went last year, blue bandit charter out of Chatham on cape cod- top water plugs, amazing. Family of four limited out in no time. Had 4 in the 40s.
2a700eeef98289fc8fee6eb94affd314.jpg

Amazing grilled too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. I live 1 mile away from where your striper may have been born. I usually use bucktals in inlets, or SP minnows instead of surface plugs. Catch a blue or a striper. In the hudson river, live herring 85% of the time, blood worms 10% of the time, and their voyage on the way out the hudson, either live eels on ballons or sp minnows while trolling.

Last edited:
Very nice,ours wern't very big.Texoma is a catching lake not a trophy lake.It's one of the few in the US that can hatch stripers

Nice! We're hitting the Cape Cod Canal in the next few weeks. It can get crowded....but it's a blast.

Nice! We're hitting the Cape Cod Canal in the next few weeks. It can get crowded....but it's a blast.

Depends where you are. We have found quiet places and beaches.

We are on Oak Island nc right now. I miss the cape. It’s hotter than devils wool boxers and the people (NCers too) aren’t the best company. That said- we did a charter w another great young captain. We struggled with hooking mackerel but the one Spanish we did turned into fish taco and it may only be a second to sea bass or or ahi. Wow. Amazing table fare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk