Stock Market is the bottom in?

mine averaged just over $200, last was over 400. We did have a ton of 100 plus degree days last month tho.
How about the rate?

"On April 20, 2022, Ameren Illinois received electric rate results from the regional grid operator (MISO), which include an increase from $5/megawatt to $236/megawatt and will now cause Ameren electric rates to increase significantly, more than 40 percent, beginning June 1.Jun 15, 2022"

From Amerens website.

It was doubled in June and additional profits supposed to be earmarked for "clean energy improvements"
Must be location dependent.

You're supposed to buy solar panels and encourage government windmills. Neither is a very good option in my opinion. And of course drive an EV. Going down the tubes at a record pace.

Illinois passed our own green new deal last yr. Soon we'll have no fossil fuels, it'll all be renewable. Rates and regs up. Freedom and wealth down. Thank you IL Democrats.

Illinois passed our own green new deal last yr. Soon we'll have no fossil fuels, it'll all be renewable. Rates and regs up. Freedom and wealth down. Thank you IL Democrats.
They will find out it's not even possible to eliminate all fossil fuels---that's what makes the majority of electricity so we can go green. BIG SCAM.

For farmers too ? Electric combines ?

Wonder how many jobs the government wants to cut anyway? They can take us over much easier if none of us have anything. Tried to kill us off with a mandated vaccine and that took out some but not enough apparently. See a pattern?

I never post on threads like this as predicting short term movement in the stock market, or any other investment strategy is far beyond my skill set. That said I am on the board of a billion dollar commercial REIT that brought a guest speaker in today to discuss the economy along with longer term R.E. considerations. I found his optimism and insights quite refreshing.Here are some poorly scribed bullet points.

Overall current oil prices are good for our country being the largest producer in the world. Sure it benefits some more than others but on net current pricing helps more than hurts. There are always those that complain when it goes up as well as those that complain going down.

Historically interest rates are quite benign and are essentially the same as 2019. We just tend to compare them to the 13 months of lowest interest rates in history. Unlikely to raise to point of creating problems.

As oil prices come down, which they are now, this will moderate inflation.

Industrial output is running at 4%.

Obviously the covid shut down had a dramatic effect on economy. Coming out of this 2 scenarios 1) Supply comes back faster than demand. And 2) Demand comes back faster than supply...which is what is actually happening and a far better outcome than the alternative.

Currently there is $4 trillion sitting in personal banking accounts, $1 trillion in corporate accounts and $4 trillion available in banks for lending. This will began to be spent and invested having powerful economic impact. He described us as still being in the vapor trail from covid insanity but this will soon start correcting .

Never underestimate the U.S. economy as it trumps politics every time.

He did not discuss the stock market but was clear that smart real estate investing including commercial space looks very bullish for the foreseeable future. He also sees a recovering economy with much upside that currently is being driven by fear holding it back but that will change. I think that parlays into investment opportunity in many areas.

As an alert I'm not smart enough to defend, clarify , elaborate, argue, get all pissy, explain how the horrible govt. will ruin the country, etc.etc.etc. Just an optimistic outlook from a guy much smarter than me.

Baker,
Doesn't he have a dog in the fight aka sales pitch to promote buying land. Benefits him to paint a certain picture?

Baker,
Doesn't he have a dog in the fight aka sales pitch to promote buying land. Benefits him to paint a certain picture?
Nope, Independent. consultant .Doesnt buy or sell anything in his profession Would be as inclined to sound caution as promote opportunity. BTW he was speaking to a reit that buys and manages commercial and industrial property, not land.

All this sure makes me miss the optimism of Regan. It was much better than the "Oh those horrible (the other party members) are all trying to destroy the country". I much prefer the approach of increasing the pie rather than looking at things as a zero sum game and assuming anything the "other" folks get is something I'm losing!

All this sure makes me miss the optimism of Regan. It was much better than the "Oh those horrible (the other party members) are all trying to destroy the country". I much prefer the approach of increasing the pie rather than looking at things as a zero sum game and assuming anything the "other" folks get is something I'm losing!
No one is forcing you to approach things any differently than you want to. Don't hate the player ,hate the game comes to mind.

No one is forcing you to approach things any differently than you want to. Don't hate the player ,hate the game comes to mind.
Not me. I don't hate anyone. When I was referencing the Regan years, I was speaking of the country as a whole having a much more optimistic perspective compared to vitriol we see spewed today.

Not me. I don't hate anyone. When I was referencing the Regan years, I was speaking of the country as a whole having a much more optimistic perspective compared to vitriol we see spewed today.

That must of been before we all became racist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder how many jobs the government wants to cut anyway? They can take us over much easier if none of us have anything. Tried to kill us off with a mandated vaccine and that took out some but not enough apparently. See a pattern?

Vaccine reduction will continue for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just more of a figure of speech. Didn't mean to imply that you really do hate. We are all on the same team, I just want our team to "win".