Stock Market is the bottom in?

U wanna sell it?

pm me if u do please
Not really. It was the first gun I bought for myself when I was a kid. Talked the guy at the HW store into selling the used 39A to me for $50, which was a lot of money for me as a teen.

i own bit coin, but don’t know much about it. So I made a lil profit and now hold a very small position.

( couldn’t even buy a collectible marlin with its total)

I am wanting some advice on a stock though.

AQMS= Aqua Metals

Recently they announced they can harvest Cobalt from wore out lithium batteries. They claim it’s a proprietary process.

I am excited about the concept but ignorant about reading business financials.

If you have any thoughts/ opinions I am all eyes/ ears.

Thanks
Run away, and don't look back.

*All of it's stock is worth $80 million. A trust fund dork can bat that price around with short attacks.
*They are operating at a loss. They have 3 years of operating cash at their current burn rate.

*Lots of small and microcaps sing songs like that, they've got some technology that nobody else has. There was Magnetation in northern MN. They boasted technology to re-process iron ore from tailings piles. Was supposed to be the most profitable way of producing iron ore from waste products. They had to file bankruptcy within their first 10 years. I think they survived it, but that usually means washing out the stockholders and bondholders. Even if it's a great company, it's no gaurantee they'll also be a great stock.

*There was another super innovative company that had a magic technology to clean frack water. They were operating in the Baaken, and I don't think they made it either. I can't remember the name now, but I threw away thousands chasing that one.

The entire stock market is about to go down in flames. Hang tight, and you'll be able to scoop up lots of industry giants at very cheap prices. So far it's been an orderly decline. Really, this has been the mostly peaceful worst market year in history if I heard the numbers correctly. Lots of bad news to come. People don't realize it yet, but in probably 60 days, every low to no money down mortgage written in the last two years will be severely under water. Around that time the layoffs will be in high gear, and we'll have mortgage rates so high, there will be no offramp for those in debt up to their eyeballs. That's going to spillover into everything.

I sold a little of the TSC I bought after reading your analysis about that stock and put in a limit order on it. ( AQMS)

The TSC went OK until the Walmart Target Tumble..

Thanks for your input. I will be very careful. I think this lithium deal is a gamble worth considering due to the popular belief batteries save the world. Also I am so impressed with my lithium ion weed trimmer! Why would anyone want a gas powered one?

I haven’t put any new money into my stock market accounts in over a year, been taking profits when I can.

Real estate improvements ( trees etc.) and firearms is where my investments have been going lately.

AQMS it went up a lot today, I am sure tomorrow it will either go up, go down , or stay the same. LOL 😂

my limit order assumes it will have a Friday correction.

Opendoor technologies?
Redfin?
Zillow?

All these have seen a major plummet...thoughts? OPEN and RDFN look to be at such good pricepoints to get in 'em....???

Opendoor technologies?
Redfin?
Zillow?

All these have seen a major plummet...thoughts? OPEN and RDFN look to be at such good pricepoints to get in 'em....???

I have to ask myself, "Is there a high barrier of entry into the market?". I'm not sure I see that. Layoff's going on in that sector. Will the combination of rate hikes and increased home prices and increased building costs, will builders pull back for a significant time. Will that time delay in housing transactions cause consolidation? Will it give others time to catch up in the newer selling techniques (on-line stuff).

If you think this will be a quick recovery, you may be right. I tend to think there are differences. When the fed raises interest rates, they don't just cool demand, they cool expansion and future supply. It makes me think time is more important in a recovery than currency manipulation. I personally think it will be a slow recovery, not a quick one. That applies to the general economy as well as housing.

Businesses without a high barrier to entry will face a lot of competition when things pick up.

Just one man's opinion.

Thanks,

Jack

I’d be looking at buying a bunch of kohl. Could give a 50 % return if it’s sold. If not you get a nice 5 % dividend. Lots of buyers looking to buy it also.

I have to ask myself, "Is there a high barrier of entry into the market?". I'm not sure I see that. Layoff's going on in that sector. Will the combination of rate hikes and increased home prices and increased building costs, will builders pull back for a significant time. Will that time delay in housing transactions cause consolidation? Will it give others time to catch up in the newer selling techniques (on-line stuff).

If you think this will be a quick recovery, you may be right. I tend to think there are differences. When the fed raises interest rates, they don't just cool demand, they cool expansion and future supply. It makes me think time is more important in a recovery than currency manipulation. I personally think it will be a slow recovery, not a quick one. That applies to the general economy as well as housing.

Businesses without a high barrier to entry will face a lot of competition when things pick up.

Just one man's opinion.

Thanks,

Jack

I do agree that this is going to be a slower recovery. With how quickly these 3 RE stocks plummeted, its the thought is this an over-reaction or a correction? Overreaction = dropped so quickly so much, it will bounce up and stabilize. Correction = this is where it should have been. All 3 were trading nearly 3x of where they currently are 3 years ago before the big debacle. I don't see housing prices dropping like they did 15 years ago. Material pricing and lead time is having a huge affect this go-around. I think pricing will stagnate and maybe see a few % dip...but not much if any. This is the "new normal" in regards to pricing here in the flyover states.

I do agree that this is going to be a slower recovery. With how quickly these 3 RE stocks plummeted, its the thought is this an over-reaction or a correction? Overreaction = dropped so quickly so much, it will bounce up and stabilize. Correction = this is where it should have been. All 3 were trading nearly 3x of where they currently are 3 years ago before the big debacle. I don't see housing prices dropping like they did 15 years ago. Material pricing and lead time is having a huge affect this go-around. I think pricing will stagnate and maybe see a few % dip...but not much if any. This is the "new normal" in regards to pricing here in the flyover states.

I don't see a crash in housing prices but I see sales decreasing for quite a while. Much of real estate transactions in the companies you identify are technology driven. It changes quickly. If they are forced to pull back and there is little barrier to entry, I see other companies entering the market with new technology when things bounce back. You may be right that they will be able to shed enough overhead to weather the storm and come out fine and the pull back and it may be an over-reaction. I'm just raising things to consider.

Well darn… in the green today.
I’m needing some more drop to get me back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any advice for investing for an infants future? Not looking for 529 but more of a IRA style investment which i cant do until she has an income. Any suggestions or work arounds?

Any advice for investing for an infants future? Not looking for 529 but more of a IRA style investment which i cant do until she has an income. Any suggestions or work arounds?
I put money away in an Ameritrade account for my kids college. It was not 529, or any other vehicle, just a non-qualified account. The advantages to this. 1. no cost stock trades 2. easy 3. no restrictions 4. If I don't use it for college, I can use it for retirement or something later in life......

& that is what happened. I never used it and it has more than doubled from 2015-2021.

I put money away in an Ameritrade account for my kids college. It was not 529, or any other vehicle, just a non-qualified account. The advantages to this. 1. no cost stock trades 2. easy 3. no restrictions 4. If I don't use it for college, I can use it for retirement or something later in life......

& that is what happened. I never used it and it has more than doubled from 2015-2021.
You ever run into issues with the kiddie tax on that? That would be my first choice if it fits.

I'd also looking into a bank on yourself style life insurance policy on the child. It's an incredibly complex product, and most life insurance agents don't know how to write them, or they don't have access to the right policies to do it. So you gotta shop around for the right agent to do it.

I've got a portfolio of that going, and it's been tremendous tool for the ups and downs and opportunities of life. There's a lot of power in life when you have your own bank and don't have to deal with credit scores, liens, and the resource drain of interest bearing debt.

This idea usually blows up the internet when I suggest it.

You ever run into issues with the kiddie tax on that? That would be my first choice if it fits.

It’s in my name . Glorified savings account really. I just don’t like restrictions. Things change.

It’s in my name . Glorified savings account really. I just don’t like restrictions. Things change.
I'm with ya. I've never liked 529s.

John, check out a UTMA Account. I have one for each of my kids. My wife and I made a deal with the kids, whatever money they put in, we will match it. My oldest who is 14 is starting to understand. He now puts half of his birthday/graduation money into the account and then helps pick the Mutual Funds.

My oldest boy worked enough last year to get a W2 for a little over $3000 this made me pretty happy because Vanguard requires $3000 to open an IRA that doesn’t require monthly contributions. He opened an Roth IRA through Vanguard after his 18th birthday for last calendar year. Probably one of the best things I could do for him was get the account started at that age. Kids under 18 would require a custodial account and they have to have W2 income for a IRA obviously this type of account wouldn’t be terribly useful for college tuition if that was the desired use of the funds for a younger child. I’m planning on making him get student loans for college with the agreement that if he graduates with a BS I’ll pay off his student loans if he doesn’t graduate then he will need to deal with the loans himself how’s that for motivation. Anyone have better idea’s on motivating their kids to better themselves post high school I’d like to here it.

We started UGMA accounts for both grandkids and wife had one for her god child. When the god child turned 18 he wanted his money, and legally we had t give it to him. He blew the whole wad on cellphones etc. He's smart but floundering around with no education at 22 years of age.

If I did it again I would open brokerage accounts with my name on them for the kids. Any UGMA or UTMA account is considered property of the minor and will count against financial aid for college.

Here's a link explaining each type of account. https://www.fidelity.com/learning-center/personal-finance/custodial-account-for-kids

I don't know of a complete work around, the way I see it the tax man will bite you no matter how you save money.

My oldest boy worked enough last year to get a W2 for a little over $3000 this made me pretty happy because Vanguard requires $3000 to open an IRA that doesn’t require monthly contributions. He opened an Roth IRA through Vanguard after his 18th birthday for last calendar year. Probably one of the best things I could do for him was get the account started at that age. Kids under 18 would require a custodial account and they have to have W2 income for a IRA obviously this type of account wouldn’t be terribly useful for college tuition if that was the desired use of the funds for a younger child. I’m planning on making him get student loans for college with the agreement that if he graduates with a BS I’ll pay off his student loans if he doesn’t graduate then he will need to deal with the loans himself how’s that for motivation. Anyone have better idea’s on motivating their kids to better themselves post high school I’d like to here it.
Tell them you will allow them to be homeless and starve to death if they don't graduate and get a good paying job.