Starks $12 liberty trees!

I missed this. They send me so many emails and "specials" that I don't even look at them anymore, just send to the trash. Maybe I should slow down a bit and look more closely.

Anyone ever figure out what rootstock it's on?

I checked on additional shipping...10 bucks. So 20 to 25 delivered...nice deal. It's tempting but I have 2 liberty trees already so I think I'll pass.

The liberty I planted from them last year (along with a macfree) did not leaf out this spring. Freedom and Jonafree from them 20' away did. So I'm hesitant to buy another no matter the price.
f30fd922793ac3a4dd2674afbf79fef8.jpg

74c5e65a96299710e6887f98f5e5afcc.jpg

becbfd035025fe95a64dc192a63f582c.jpg

64522bffae10a78be907abfa281fcdd0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bit the bullet and bought a couple to replace a few trees I found out this weekend that didn’t leaf out this spring - they were planted last year.

Liberty, yellow transparent and wagener were the varieties I picked up. $10 to ship and $12 a tree.

Just ordered two semi dwarf liberty apples and two standard sugar sweet pears from Starks on sale. Anyone have experience with those pear trees? Price was what silver yummies quoted

Home Depot in my area has a couple pallets of liberty apple trees for $11.50. Over half of them currently have apples on them! Says they grow 10-15ft. M106 or g7 you think? I am gonna give one a try. An yes i will pinch all but 1 apple off!

Mortenson
I called Starks- they said their liberty semi are most likely on M7 or B118 rootstock. They said they can’t be certain on retailed trees. Their standard sugar sweet pears are on Old Home Farmingdale or Bartlett seedling rootstock.

Hey @g squared 23 just call up Starks and tell them your trees didn't leaf out. I've done that now with two different trees from them and they'll happily send you another

those look so tiny, hardly worth the work? other than using them as a source for grafting, a 12 dollar source for scions/ buds.

those look so tiny, hardly worth the work? other than using them as a source for grafting, a 12 dollar source for scions/ buds.
I’m not following.....what look tiny?

the trees from starks, they look tiny, not much bigger than a whip.

The 5 trees I got today from them were all feathered and very thick caliper. I was impressed for $12. Good root system as well.

I got a dozen sale trees. Pears and Cherries. All looked very good and I would say exceptional when considering the came to 13$ a tree shipped. This is an example of what about half of them looked like, with the others a bit smaller. Most carried 5/8” caliper tags.
81AB74C5-52B8-4612-A926-50665F1D5CD0.jpeg

I have good luck with Stark in the past but in last years fall order one of the pears had been half girdled by mouse or vole when I opened box and this spring that pear and a cherry planted last fall never did a thing.

I have good luck with Stark in the past but in last years fall order one of the pears had been half girdled by mouse or vole when I opened box and this spring that pear and a cherry planted last fall never did a thing.

I bought two liberty apples and two sugar sweet pears and was very happy with their size slso