Stark is shipping already

Northbound

5 year old buck +
Just a heads up if you ordered from stark I had trees show up today(ordered a few months ago) Exciting to get my Franklin's but now I've gotta go bury them in a snow bank as we are in no way ready to plant in this area. Hopefully grandpa's orchard and northern whitetail crabs is not so quick to ship my other orders

I got mine a few weeks ago. They are already leafed out in my basement!

I could have sworn Stark Bros had a way to select a desired shipping date?

I got an email from 39th Parallel Nursery that my trees were ready to ship, if I was ready to receive them. I declined, and Mike said he would hold them in cold storage for me.

I asked Stark to not ship my Franklin's until April 1 and they did that.

Just got my ColdStream order yesterday...it's warming up enough to get trees/shrubs shipped!
And it's warm enough here now to get busy this weekend planting ahead of the spring rains.

Stark shipped mine back in mid March after I asked for a mid April ship date. Pretty disappointed in this service.

Is it best to wait until overnight lows are above freezing to plant apple trees? The frost is out in my area I'm planting but quite a few at or below freezing temps in the extended forecast.

Is it best to wait until overnight lows are above freezing to plant apple trees? The frost is out in my area I'm planting but quite a few at or below freezing temps in the extended forecast.

If the trees are dormant, get them in the ground as soon as you can. If they break dormancy, I'd wait to plant.