Sprayed all the orchards today.

WTNUT

5 year old buck +
First, I am sorry I did not take any pics today. I stayed inside the tractor while spraying. I have nine orchards (for you new comers it is best to just have one :) ). My thought process was to spread them out for the deer. Today was the first time since they bloomed that I got to all of them. Apples were really doing well. I probably have too many apples on some of them, and it looks like hand thinning is the only option at this point due to size of the apples.

I did have one 10-14 year old Granny Smith that is just dead dead dead. It lost leaves prematurely last year and I thought it was going to bounce back but it did not. No idea what caused it to die. I will investigate further next time I am at the farm.

I will end my saying that before leaves set, I always think I have too few laterals and when the leaves get on I think wow is there going to be enough air flow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What size are the apples? Did you get the Penn State Fruit Production Guide?

What size are the apples? Did you get the Penn State Fruit Production Guide?

I am going to get the book, have not done so just yet. They range from super small to the size of ping pong ball.

The book is probably a good gift suggestion. No one can ever figure out what to buy me for my birthday, Father’s Day, or Christmas. I am thinking birthday gift since it comes first.

The book is probably a good gift suggestion. No one can ever figure out what to buy me for my birthday, Father’s Day, or Christmas. I am thinking birthday gift since it comes first.

Get it now online and you can figure out how to thin. It may not be too late for some heavy bearers

For all the info on all kinds of fruit, you can't beat it for about $12. " Fruit Production for the Home Gardener - A Comprehensive Guide " from Penn State. You don't want their commercial book. That's more for pro orchards. Commercial guys on here might want that one.

For all the info on all kinds of fruit, you can't beat it for about $12. " Fruit Production for the Home Gardener - A Comprehensive Guide " from Penn State. You don't want their commercial book. That's more for pro orchards. Commercial guys on here might want that one.
I bought the commercial version and it’s great but way more in depth