Son's Bear

Nice bear, congrats to your son!

Congrats!

I do always like those with the white blaze on the chest! Nice job!

Congrats!! Tell the story, how did he come in, what was the shot, etc!

We knew the bear was on the bait along with another sow that was about the same size. There were also two 500 pound boars hitting this bait. My son said that if the bear with the white marking that looked like a butterfly came in 1st he was going to shoot it.Opening day my son went out at 1st light. 15 minutes in his ground blind the bear came strolling in offering a perfect broadside shot. The bear went about 25 yards just out of sight leaving out a death moan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

I am not a bear guy, so I did not realize they have that much white on them. They all like that?

Congrats.

I am not a bear guy, so I did not realize they have that much white on them. They all like that?
No, that is a pretty unique marking, most are solid color, or maybe just a tiny bit of white

Dandy!

We knew the bear was on the bait along with another sow that was about the same size. There were also two 500 pound boars hitting this bait. My son said that if the bear with the white marking that looked like a butterfly came in 1st he was going to shoot it.Opening day my son went out at 1st light. 15 minutes in his ground blind the bear came strolling in offering a perfect broadside shot. The bear went about 25 yards just out of sight leaving out a death moan.

I totally didn't notice the butterfly pattern in the harvest pic even though I saw the trail cams pics you posted of her. Congrats to you and your son!

I went on a bow hunting trip to Canada years ago. Shot a nice P&Y bear. 3 other guys that went shot bears as well. The camp aspect and the fact that we all bagged was the best part. Shooting a bear over bait was ok I guess but nothing I would pay to do again. Great memories created with my dad, uncle an cousin though. Bear hide got ruined when the taxidermist freezer went out. Only thing to show for it is a picture. Guild said only ones dumb enough to eat the bears were the local Indians and several of them got real sick the yr before from bear meat.
IMG_1005.JPG

Not very many have the white markings. When they do it makes for a good taxidermy mount.