Something's wrong with this girl

Bill

Administrator
Not sure what she's got going on but she doesn't look healthy to me.

Sunkin eyes, swollen ankles, Hind qtr looks off. All the other deer I'm seeing are fat and happy. She just looks sad.

07c845365b3a7bdfe7af04c21b13c4ca.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old and arthritic?

Lymes?

It may just be old age. She sure has a big head like an old doe.

Hard to say Bill. Looks to me like a younger doe with swelling in the face rather than an old doe.

I went back through some pics. I think there is an issue with her right hind qtr. Absolutely something going on with here jaw.
Probably making it difficult to eat. One thing for sure, she hasn't improved from Jan 19th to 2 days ago when that first pic was taken.

I'm half way tempted to take a pity stand for her.

Jan 19
6115c7dd8e33e5ec5f7e46fd91f22cc5.jpg

Jan 25
1fb80364ab8f9c32c2a6c244fef0d73f.jpg

Jan 27
7b30f07fe156b1b2099a4b00b69d060e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yotes will probably start eyeing her up. I had a little doe on cam that didn't look right and one of the last vids I had of her I sent to a buddy and said it wouldn't surprise me if the yotes take her down. I found her two days later and it was obvious that the yotes got her.

I hope so, I kinda don't like looking at her :)

Maybe an abscessed tooth. We had a doe this fall that was skin and bones something was obviously wrong with her. She had a definite limp when she walked. I assumed she has been turned into coyote food by now.

I guess better for the yotes to feed on the defective ones and let healthier ones alone.

Would think a yote death is a worse way to go than a humane bullet to the heart and lungs. Then the totes can clean up. I saw a video once of 2 yotes tear up a deer and it was not pretty

Would think a yote death is a worse way to go than a humane bullet to the heart and lungs. Then the totes can clean up. I saw a video once of 2 yotes tear up a deer and it was not pretty

You're right, a bullet would help her out. I haven't seen her since the last pic so she may have already expired.