All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solo Spreader questions?

Islandguy

5 year old buck +
Your thoughts on the Solo spreader. Does it handle fertilizer? I have a Fimco that I mount on my RTV, but I don't like to put fertilizer through it... to hard to clean. I also would use it for small seed and early frost seeding, as I've never been a fan of the bag type hand seeders. I don't use a lot of fertilizer, mostly I'd be top dressing brassicas with some N.

I use mine to throw around some prilled urea. Works just dandy. As I sit here trying to visualize the darn thing, I'm thinking the only metal on it is the handle. Wash it out good when you're finished.

I believe everything exposed to the fertilizer is plastic on mine. The handle and gears are metal but they are not directly exposed to the fertilizer.

Thanks for your replies. Order on its way from amazon!

I much prefer my ez spreader for fertilizer. The solo works but the ez spreader throws it further and quicker.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk