All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solar Farms

Jakarta

Yearling... With promise
They are coming in a big way with new renewable fuel mandates. The adjoing farmers recently submitted requests to our township to build 30 acres of them on fair ag land. They can construct them 50 feet away from my small timber. The ordinance was changed without anyone in the neighborhood having any idea until it was too late. The public meeting was ugly. Just an FYI keep an eye on your local ordinances.

They put forty acres of solar panels in here just outside of town about six years ago, it's kind of an eye sore but nothing as bad as the county to the north of me with the huge wind turbines. In the last ten years they have put hundreds of them up and the land values have dropped like a rock within site of the turbines and the aesthetics are terrible now, I don't even like driving through that area. It's a very sore subject many people have moved and someone somewhere made some big bucks, the locals are currently trying to block any more going in.