All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smitty sled

trampledbyturtles

5 year old buck +
Finally got around to building my smitty sled.

Works like a charm. Makes pulling a fully loaded otter sled through drifts a piece of cake. Even solo. Should of done this years ago.

20210104_151747.jpg20210104_144016.jpg
20210104_163318.jpg

Very neat

I made one a few years ago and now its up in the rafters of my shed. Need to get that thing down but now its too cold :)

Chuck

I made one 15 years ago. Had no idea it had a name or that other people did the same. Used mine for hauling the big 6 person clam hard bottom. I added racks over the top to carry my buckets and a bracket for the auger. Got to heavy so added a 3rd ski . Worked great.

That is sweet.

A buddy of mine, after just about having a heart attack hauling his through the recent 14" of snow while I cruised along effortlessly, took pictures of mine, bought a pair of used skis off CL on the way home, and had it built the next day. Easy peasy, and a great project for those of us who are becoming age-impaired.

Smitty posted plans to Iceshanty for his initial build - my 2 cents from years of use: make sure to use downhill skis, not cross country, and space the crossbars to fit your individual sled. How do I know this?? Experience lol...