Sinister looking mopar. (Not habitat related)

Bill

Administrator
I haven't been around much. To cold to do any habitat stuff so I'm in the garage putting my car back together.

Have a look.

Went from this a few years back.
rtrail2.jpg

To this now.

I didn't like the stock silver grills so I blacked them out and added black lens headlights that the cops are just going to love!

1BEDFF84-D385-4568-ACD0-F272035F66F4.jpg

F35D8EC8-0B82-4477-9E36-4CFA1FBCF480.jpg

Put the street slicks on today.

4F1C31DF-133C-4D04-9FA2-82D89B40D613.jpg

Still lots to do before it hits the road. But if stays cold I'll be on it.

Not bad for a Mopar. Sure wish I had some of my old Muscle cars.

That is great! What does it have a power plant? The MT ET street radial is a good tire...

Great looking Bill!

Here is one of my GTO's on that same tire...

426 Hemi. But I won't be putting the front tires in the air like Okie.

Yea everyone I talked to with those tires like them.

9909DF9A-54CC-4960-B3EE-8BF473847D06.jpg

My boy is a MOPAR nut (he is 18 and his first car is a '72 dart) and going to school at UNOH to be a mechanic - I sent him a link - I'm sure he will drool for a while!

How long have you had yours? I have a project of my own that has set for a long time that I am considering selling this spring because priorities change.

That is absolutely AWESOME Bill!!!!!

My dream is to own a classic Mopar.... or heck a current Mopar(Challenger). I is not picky. :)

Holy smokes, that looks great. How do you find time to work on cars, have a job and work on your land?

I like the classics but don't have the time to work on them.

Freeborn,
I've had this car since September of 2006. Finding time is the hard part. I've never driven this car except onto the trailer and off. The day it got home I started dismantling it.

Every nut, bolt, wire, spring, rubber grommet etc has been removed and refurbished. I love on TV how they refinish a car in 2 weeks. I'm 7 1/2 years in. Mopar nationals are in July this year and I'd love to make it. Still don't know if I will be done in time.

J-bird,
If your project isn't costing you anything don't sell it. I had the hardtop twin to this car. A factory V code 440 6 pack car for 6 years just sitting in the corner. Sold it this past fall. Man was that stupid. I'm still kicking myself even though I would never have done this to it.

Big lake,
Google Challenger hell cat.
707 hp from the factory. Has to be the hottest production Mopar ever produced. I just can't imagine what the insurance bill would be on that beast.

Oh and J-bird,
How great is it that there are still kids interested in classic cars. Most of them are putting strange mufflers on ricers:)

I always wanted a Dart that I could cut up and make a light drag car out of.

My dream is to own a classic Mopar.... or heck a current Mopar(Challenger). I is not picky.
The Hellcat is an AWESOME car. I wish I had a better idea of what I could post, but I can't push it. As part of my job the company I work for builds the exhaust system for that platform. So we had to do some testing on it. I got some pics and even a short video, but it may cost me my job if I posted it. I just laughed like a little kid. It may look like a challenger - it doesn't sound like one, and it sure runs a whole lot better than one too. We see some neat toys when it comes to 4 wheels - I'm even working on a new program for Harley Davidson right now.

I always wanted a Dart that I could cut up and make a light drag car out of.
That is exactly what he wanted to do, but had to put money toward school so it is on the list. He wanted me to turn him loose on my GTO, but I wanted him to have more experience before he screwed up my 400 H.O. (original engine) convertible car. He could beat the crap out of that dart and the slant 6 in it all day long for all I cared! He likes power it's just plain and simple. If it has 300hp he wants to get 350 out of it, if it has 350, he wants 400. He wants to put a built 340 in it, but a 340 is out of his price range right now. It doesn't matter what it is he is driving - he drives it like he stole it!

Your car is very cool!!

Here was my 70 challenger from high school
340ci
750 double pumper
10" stall
509 lift
513s in the rear
I was striping it for paint in this picture
12sec street legal car in my senior yr of high school image.jpg

image.jpg My brothers car since 76
71 challenger

Wow..... the Hellcat.... Good grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow..... the Hellcat.... Good grief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep - for the money spent - it's the cheapest horsepower you can get! It's a man's car! It screams AMERICAN HORSEPOWER! Not some prissy European thing that is made to go around corners or to be "art in motion" - this is controlled chaos, sit down - shut up and hold on, in your face, hear it coming from a block away, scare the neighborhood kids, rubber eating machine! To top it off it's powered by one of the most iconic names in american muscle history HEMI!!!!!!

I can't attach a file to a PM - I tried!

On the outside it looks just like a challenger, but under the hood.............hahahahaha! HORSEPOWER!!!!!! That big satin metal thing in the center - it's a little magic box.
hellcat cropped.jpg

I owned and tuned a number Mopars through out years when they brought back Challenger had to have. Purchased New SRT8 in 08 all options installed 3.70 gears w limited slip differential , the heavy 6 speed axle shafts and limited slip differential all genuine Mopar parts. Had trans pulled and torque converter sent out redone to 2800 stall and billet stater shaft installed. This trimmed full 1/2 second off quarter mile with no engine mods. Runs 12.80s @ 110 mph . Have 4200 miles on it and 182 passes at drag strip. I just go out for Muscle car events. Very low maintenance oil change and tires. I like my 08 no cylinder cutout or emissions BS. But came with $2100 gas guzzler tax.
DSC01970 (2).JPG

Of all the newer cars I have to say the New Challenger's most resemble the muscle cars for the 70's.

Even though my post doesn't really support it - I still would take the "old school" muscle over today's any time! The true muscle cars where even before my time, but those cars of the mid 60's and into the real early 70's simply has to be one of the brightest spots of american car design and heritage. Its great to see guys like Bill put new life into these cars. For any of you in the Ohio river valley - the GTO nationals are in Columbus IN this year (my backyard). If you are making the trip please let me know as I would love to be able to put some faces to names.

Sorry I'm so into this thing I don't even have time to get back to my own posts.

Just came in from buttoning up the dash, for the last time I hope.

84AC5B2D-A16B-4BEA-8464-94FAC89225CD.jpg

J-bird are you sitting on a headlight over headlight goat convertible?

Nice cars guys, hope John doesn't mind a thread that has zero to do with what we're here for :).

I heard a bad thing about the hell cat today. My glass guy told me one his friends has one and hit a deer. Apparently all the body panels are not the same as a challenger and he can't get some replacements for months. Don't know if that's fact but yikes.