Shuwater hybrid oaks

ksgobbler

5 year old buck +
Fyi Native Nursuries has them on sale. Put in the code qdma for an extra 10% off. I got 6 of them for $31 and some change. This oak had growth rates similar to a sawtooth for me prior to the flooding last year setting it back. Your results may very.

Fyi Native Nursuries has them on sale. Put in the code qdma for an extra 10% off. I got 6 of them for $31 and some change. This oak had growth rates similar to a sawtooth for me prior to the flooding last year setting it back. Your results may very.
Thanks for the heads up! I bought the 6-pack too. Do you think these can handle seasonal flooding like a water oak?

I had 2 of these and 2 regular shumards get flooded last year. The regular shumards didnt make it while these did. Dont know if that helps. It takes alot of water to get to these.

I had 2 of these and 2 regular shumards get flooded last year. The regular shumards didnt make it while these did. Dont know if that helps. It takes alot of water to get to these.
Thanks for the info!

Nice advantage you guys have in the warmer states to plant those oak hybrids.

ksgobbler... Had a fellow from Osage City KS send me scions of a Swamp White X Overcup hybrid (Q.x humidicola) that I grafted onto SWO understock many years ago (later got another one from Columbia MO)... would suspect that it would fare well in a flood-prone setting... mine is in a low wet spot in the yard, but I've mostly been planting out bur and bur-hybrids around the farm for wildlife purposes. Did pick up a few sprouting acorns from the x humidicola this spring and potted them up for a buddy who's got a swampy spot that he wants to plant some oaks in, for trial.

ksgobbler... Had a fellow from Osage City KS send me scions of a Swamp White X Overcup hybrid (Q.x humidicola) that I grafted onto SWO understock many years ago (later got another one from Columbia MO)... would suspect that it would fare well in a flood-prone setting... mine is in a low wet spot in the yard, but I've mostly been planting out bur and bur-hybrids around the farm for wildlife purposes. Did pick up a few sprouting acorns from the x humidicola this spring and potted them up for a buddy who's got a swampy spot that he wants to plant some oaks in, for trial.
Osage city isn't far from me at all. 25ish miles straight north. Ive got a bunch of Burr Oaks planted. I want some Schuette's oaks. My problem is John Redmond backs up onto me when we get tons of rain then sits there so makes my place harder to manage.

I bought a Shuwater package from them yesterday. I couldn't get the qdma discount code to work. It said the items in my cart did not qualify. Seems like a pretty good deal even without the extra 10% off. I'd like to do some site prep before they get here. Does anyone know what kind of spacing they recommend for these? Thanks

May have fixed the loophole. I know it worked when I ordered them.

I don't know if any of mine made it. They are in tubes but we had some hard freezes. No longer green. I guess time will tell. If not I have pissed away $30 on worse.

I don't know if any of mine made it. They are in tubes but we had some hard freezes. No longer green. I guess time will tell. If not I have pissed away $30 on worse.

What Zone are you in? I have not planted any hybrid Reds but have some of there White Oak Hydrids at place (Zone 5). Swamp Chestnut X White, Overcup X White, Swamp Chestnut X Overcup & Swamp White X Bur. They have done of but certainly not the growth they're getting out of them down there. The regular Swamp White Oaks I bought from them have done better in a poorer site. All except the Swamp White X Bur were planted about 5 years ago. The Swobur's was planted last year.

6a

I received and planted my ShuWaters on the 20th. Great looking trees! My hats off to Nativ Nurseries. I placed another order Thursday. 24 trees coming next week.