Scott44?

trampledbyturtles

5 year old buck +
Anyone heard from Scott44 in awhile?

Used to chat with him a bit. But haven't seen him post in some time.

Hopeing everythings ok and he's just busy.

I was also thinking about him a lot lately. Can't glean anything from his page as it shows private. There are others also who disappear. Way it goes.

Anyone heard from Scott44 in awhile?

Used to chat with him a bit. But haven't seen him post in some time.

Hopeing everythings ok and he's just busy.

Never chatted with Scott44 specifically, but have had many of those private chats with other members. More than a few have left the forum and don't participate anymore because of some of the trollish and downright mean-spirited posts and comments by a small handful of members. The Coronavirus thread specifically came up.

Their loss I guess, as there is a lot of great content and helpful members to be found here. But it's also a loss to the Habitat Talk community when guys like this stop participating. Every forum has its blowhards and idiots...just got to learn to ignore them. Or block them.

Again...I am not speaking for Scott44, Bueller, or KSgobbler. Couple others I keep in touch with.

Does anyone believe that someone would quit a Habitat Group because they didn't like one thread? Wouldn't it be easier to just not open and read the one thread anymore?

Not sure if I you're suggesting that 1) they are lying or 2) I'm dumb enough to believe them? No matter. Just relaying private conversations...believe what you want.

I fully agree with you though...just don't read or open those threads. I stopped tuning into that coronavirus thread months ago. Too many clowns and nasty comments for me. The problem though is when toxic members are allowed to run rampant and shoot their mouths off whenever they want. It happens on every forum I have ever been on over past 20 years...K10's, hunting, old tractors, timber framing, AR15's, etc. There's always that dude who shows up and begins throwing gas on the fire and then stands back and wonders what happened. On the old forum it was a guy named Duffy. Many years ago here it was some dude named MoBuckChaser or something like that. These kinds of personalities turn people off. Can't tell you how many guys I knew who stopped using the old forum specifically because of Duffy. Believe that one or not too I guess.

This is why most forums ban topics related to religion, politics, and other hot button issues that only divide people.

Last edited:
Hot headed blowhards can chase people away, but if it is confined to one thread, and not allowed to carry over into the other topics, then I personally don’t see a problem with it. The corona thread probably has twice the views, and attraction as the other topics combined, it really has no habitat value, but it has comical value, and gives some people a place to vent about the virus.

I use to admin on another forum, and it had a political topic that had a lot more freedom then any of the rest of the topics had, it had by far the most posts, and views, none of them valuable. But as long as the political crap stayed in that one thread, and not allowed to soil over into others, if you didn’t like it, you just stayed out of that one topic.

This forum is somewhat political by it's existence. IMO, it stands to reason that more right thinking people would be here due to weapon ownership, land ownership, tax-paying status, etc. Even threads here that touch on farming, education, energy, CRP programs, fertilizer, investments, income, and a host of others can become political. Shouldn't really be too big a deal for most grown ups. I have friends here who disagree with my use of tillage in a farming operation, but we remain civil. If the admins limited the site to only topics about plants, it could still go off the deep end by saying that my commie state makes me control noxious weeds while they can't control their own. I think it was Dan Bongino who said that you can't avoid politics anymore because politics won't avoid you. I think the noteworthy fellas that aren't here any longer either don't like the political back n forth, or changed priorities in life. I wish them all well. To each his own. Woops, I made that last statement political...it was not pronoun friendly.

This forum is somewhat political by it's existence. IMO, it stands to reason that more right thinking people would be here due to weapon ownership, land ownership, tax-paying status, etc. Even threads here that touch on farming, education, energy, CRP programs, fertilizer, investments, income, and a host of others can become political. Shouldn't really be too big a deal for most grown ups. I have friends here who disagree with my use of tillage in a farming operation, but we remain civil. If the admins limited the site to only topics about plants, it could still go off the deep end by saying that my commie state makes me control noxious weeds while they can't control their own. I think it was Dan Bongino who said that you can't avoid politics anymore because politics won't avoid you. I think the noteworthy fellas that aren't here any longer either don't like the political back n forth, or changed priorities in life. I wish them all well. To each his own. Woops, I made that last statement political...it was not pronoun friendly.
This whole thing started because QDMA was kicking forum members out after they pressed them to get involved in the political fight over deer depopulation in MN. For the first year or two, that was about all that was discussed here. At one point, there was even a sub forum for organizing against the Minnesota DNR. In the end, we discovered that all the major wildlife groups wanted nothing to do with defending wildlife. I miss those days. It was fun putting the screws to the do nothing deer organizations.

That was also when I finally realized any state agency with a mission to advance the cause of something actually works completely against said mission (health, education, wildlife, safety, poverty, peace, transportation etc).

Not sure if I you're suggesting that 1) they are lying or 2) I'm dumb enough to believe them? No matter. Just relaying private conversations...believe what you want.

I fully agree with you though...just don't read or open those threads. I stopped tuning into that coronavirus thread months ago. Too many clowns and nasty comments for me. The problem though is when toxic members are allowed to run rampant and shoot their mouths off whenever they want. It happens on every forum I have ever been on over past 20 years...K10's, hunting, old tractors, timber framing, AR15's, etc. There's always that dude who shows up and begins throwing gas on the fire and then stands back and wonders what happened. On the old forum it was a guy named Duffy. Many years ago here it was some dude named MoBuckChaser or something like that. These kinds of personalities turn people off. Can't tell you how many guys I knew who stopped using the old forum specifically because of Duffy. Believe that one or not too I guess.

This is why most forums ban topics related to religion, politics, and other hot button issues that only divide people.

Does anyone believe that someone would quit a Habitat Group because they didn't like one thread? Wouldn't it be easier to just not open and read the one thread anymore?

Social media forums are a bit like the classic novel "Lord of the Flies". There are always those that come on looking to divide people into 2 camps. Those that agree with them and those that don't then bully those that don't to take control of discussions.

I actually took a break from this forum for about 9 months when things were heating up about 4-5 years ago. Arguing with idiots & bullies was a waste of time.

I have found that some people communicate very differently when sending an email or posting on a forum than they do face to face. Some folks loose all their normal filters when typing on a key board.

At the end of the day, forums are what the Mods allow. They shape the ground rules for the forum's culture, conduct, and interaction. The Mods also have to walk a fine line between open dialogue where there can be strong differences of opinion and debate and dealing with the trolls. Not an easy job.

Taking a break from social media is actually a good thing.

I have friends here who disagree with my use of tillage in a farming operation, but we remain civil.

None of my friends care, we all just use what we have and what makes sense for our own "operation". I don't see why people are so obsessed in forcing their opinions on others when it comes to this topic.

Been wondering about Scott as well..

And FWIW, I'm fine with closing the Corona and (blatantly) political topics. I contribute here and there but I have to remind myself - There's more to life... I prefer to come here (or go outside) to escape all the political BS going on in the world.

Last edited:
I think the problem with political topics is you may start to really like people here for them helping you and their knowledge. You actually start to respect people and like them. Then you click on that one political forum and see they disagree with you on some political BS topic and it can be hard to go back and just see them for the deer and habitat management stuff.

I gained a LOT of good food plot info from a guy who went by Wiscwhip. Haven't seen him here in a long time either.

None of my friends care, we all just use what we have and what makes sense for our own "operation". I don't see why people are so obsessed in forcing their opinions on others when it comes to this topic.
I just meant "here" on the forum.
I think the problem with political topics is you may start to really like people here for them helping you and their knowledge. You actually start to respect people and like them. Then you click on that one political forum and see they disagree with you on some political BS topic and it can be hard to go back and just see them for the deer and habitat management stuff.
Could be. Or people could put on their big boy pants and bury the hatchett. Guess that's old school thinking.

I emailed Scott back in October just to see if everything in his world was ok. You honestly never know these day.
He said life is good he just had to take a break.

No clue if someone offended him (including me). I didn’t pry, found out he and his were OK and left it there. That’s what I wanted to know.

As for politics I try hard to keep it in the one thread. Like mentioned just avoid the one thread. It’s actually made my life easier as it doesn’t pop up all over the place since it has a spot.

I emailed Scott back in October just to see if everything in his world was ok. You honestly never know these day.

No clue if someone offended him (including me). I didn’t pry, found out he and his were OK and left it there. That’s what I wanted to know.

As for politics I try hard to keep it in the one thread. Like mentioned just avoid the one thread. It’s actually made my life easier as it doesn’t pop up all over the place since it has a spot.
Thz for the info.

Honestly wasnt even thinking politics, alot of people just went quite during the height of rona, never know. Was just hoping he/everyone was ok.

Bueller, Ksgobbler are 2 others that came to mind.
Hey y'all. The past two years have been quite pedal to the metal for me. Downtime and sleep both diminished greatly. Bill and others have reached out and I thank them for that. I lurk from time to time and usually post a little during the hunting season.

Political threads, disagreements, and individual personalities have had absolutely ZERO to do with my disappearance. Heck I participated in plenty of the banter over the years but nowadays it's best for me to watch what I say especially in print.

I did harvest a young buck a couple weeks ago. One of only two deer I saw this bow season.

Let's Go Brandon!

Good point. Something unintended turns out to be a plus

Hey y'all. The past two years have been quite pedal to the metal for me. Downtime and sleep both diminished greatly. Bill and others have reached out and I thank them for that. I lurk from time to time and usually post a little during the hunting season.

Political threads, disagreements, and individual personalities have had absolutely ZERO to do with my disappearance. Heck I participated in plenty of the banter over the years but nowadays it's best for me to watch what I say especially in print.

I did harvest a young buck a couple weeks ago. One of only two deer I saw this bow season.

Let's Go Brandon!
Another good point. Apparently, they tell me if you make one statement on social media and 20 years later become President somebody will bring that up.

Another good point. Apparently, they tell me if you make one statement on social media and 20 years later become President somebody will bring that up.
What r u saying,

Bueller for prez 2024,
I can get behind that.