All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sausage day!

Telemark

5 year old buck +
Making five recipes. All deer sausage. Pork and pork fat in most of them. Beef fat in the "woodsy" one.

Attachments

• 20180203_133646.jpg
    20180203_133646.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 23
index.php

I'll just quote what my 6 year old said when he saw your coil. "I love it."

Simmer then grill, or what?

For this Italian recipe, usually simmered under a lid, then lid is removed and heat turned up.

For other recipes, the best method is to steam and then grill. Also excellent slowly grilled if you have a grill that can do it. And of course hot smoking is dynamite for certain sausages.

Looks great, Telemark. Cannot endorse it without free samples though !! :emoji_grin:

Looks great, Telemark. Cannot endorse it without free samples though !! :emoji_grin:

Thanks! It's hard work though. My kingdom for a sausage stuffer!

Boerewors.

20180204_161641.jpg

Does the recipe say to place finished product on ATV rack to firm up :emoji_slight_smile::emoji_thinking:

I'd like to know more about the process. Looks GREAT!

-John

Does the recipe say to place finished product on ATV rack to firm up :emoji_slight_smile::emoji_thinking:

The recipe for boerewors says to dry it for 24 hours. Otherwise, the garage just became a convenient fridge, and the ATV a convenient shelf. :emoji_grin:

I'd like to know more about the process. Looks GREAT!

-John

We made 6 varieties. Four of them followed a recipe, but two I just did on the fly.

Most important thing is keep the meat cold. And mix it like crazy to get the right texture. (Your hands will hurt)

Very nice!!!!