RIP to the biggest POS

I get 2.5 acres out of my 55 gal sprayer. I think gly recommends no less than ten gal of water per acre - but that would be moving pretty fast.
Ok good deal so 6-7 acres tops out of one tank. That would be very good

I think the retirement of the fimco would be a very suitable application for tannerite........

IF ou can do about 30 gallon per acre for gly, thats about ideal.

I get 2.5 acres out of my 55 gal sprayer. I think gly recommends no less than ten gal of water per acre - but that would be moving pretty fast.
I think the retirement of the fimco would be a very suitable application for tannerite........

IF ou can do about 30 gallon per acre for gly, thats about ideal.
Mine is actually 100 gallon. So 20gallom/acre or 5 acres.

So between 10 - 30 gal/acre ... That's nailing it down 😁

When I use my 25 gal Fimco, which think is running too high and I have it running at the lowest pressure that the nozzles will perform at, I get ~1-1.5 acres. I am usually having to drive at a pretty fast to keep up with spray volume. So about 15 - 25 gal/acre.

Ok good deal so 6-7 acres tops out of one tank. That would be very good

When I use my 25 gal Fimco, which think is running too high and I have it running at the lowest pressure that the nozzles will perform at, I get ~1-1.5 acres. I am usually having to drive at a pretty fast to keep up with spray volume. So about 15 - 25 gal/acre.
It depends on a lot of variables. I have read where gly can be applied with as little as 10 gal per acre. I havent had the guts yet to try it that fast, but it would be great to get five acres out of a 55 gal tank. I cant believe you would get complete coverage at 10 gal per acre

It depends on a lot of variables. I have read where gly can be applied with as little as 10 gal per acre. I havent had the guts yet to try it that fast, but it would be great to get five acres out of a 55 gal tank. I cant believe you would get complete coverage at 10 gal per acre

What ratio of gly do you use? I use 2.5 oz of gly per 1 gal of water.

I use 5 qts per 55 gal to spray 2.5 acres - half of a 2.5 gallon jug

Ha.

Spraying rate per acre is highly variable. It’s all about each person figuring out their rate and equipment.

Helicopter sprayers use 10 gallon/acre. Some of the drone sprayers are experimenting with 5

Helicopter sprayers use 10 gallon/acre. Some of the drone sprayers are experimenting with 5
I had a drone spray some stuff. They were using four gallon tanks and it took 9 tanks to do seven acres. He used a combination of gly, tryclorpyr, and 24d. They sprayed in Oct and there wasnt anything growing back until the following July

Not gonna lie, when I saw the title of the thread, I went to the news to see if Joe Biden died before I read through it. You had me for a sec...... 🤣😂

I had a drone spray some stuff. They were using four gallon tanks and it took 9 tanks to do seven acres. He used a combination of gly, tryclorpyr, and 24d. They sprayed in Oct and there wasnt anything growing back until the following July
Were they nuking a cutover or something?

Ever manufactured. Basically rewired the thing to get it working yesterday only to have it spray initially just fine and then only dribble droplets after that. I used the boot tool to dislodge it from the back of the 4 wheeler combined with a crescent wrench and here she lies. Gallon of gly down the drain. Hope Mr Fimco eats undercooked bacon this am
View attachment 63343
When I saw the title I just assumed Biden finally died.

I can hear the soundtrack of Apocalypse Now in the background........

bill

What ratio of gly do you use? I use 2.5 oz of gly per 1 gal of water.
Herbicide is supposed to be applied at a quantity of herbicide per acre. You can use more or less water. Your spray manual will likely tell you how much water is sprayed depending on speed and sprayer pressure.

Well I have an experiment in the works. Test plots with Gly vs Clethodim on cool season grass regrowth from a burn we did in late Winter. I would say I probably averaged 25 gallons of water per acre. The chemical rates I will disclose at a later time. 3mph travel speed, sprayer on the back of an ATV. 2 fan type T-Jet nozzles about 12" off the ground, covering about 5' with every pass. Time will tell.

The best thing to do with YOUR equipment is a "dry" run with just water. Find a known size of ground, 1 acre works best...pick rate of travel you are comfortable with apply water to that 1 acre. When finished, figure out how much water is missing from your tank and you now have a "calibrated" rate for your sprayer/vehicle.

My 25 gallon boomless fimco on my ATV could get about 2 acres at 6-7 mph, it sprayed a wide swath.
My 55 gallon JD UTV sprayer with a boom gets about 2.5 acres on a full tank at 6-7 mph.

High level of variance there, it pays to know your equipment.

ETA, this is assuming you aren't messing with the pressure regulator or relief valve. Keep as many things constant as you can; speed, pressure, etc.