All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reconyx Buckview Software

MN Slick

5 year old buck +
Anyone use this software to manage their pictures? They have a good system built in for tracking specific bucks which will be good for tracking age and to some degree patterns. I'm trying it this year but Reconyx cams take so many pictures I'm not sure what the best method is for reviewing them. For guys that use it are you dumping all the pics from a camera pull into the software (often over 1500 pics per card) then reviewing them with the software or reviewing them separately, deleting the ones you want and only dumping the ones you want to keep into the software?

Lots of pics is a good problem to have but I need to be more efficient. Thanks

I have used for past 6 years. Best to pick what you want to keep. I just run on fast review pause look over and check what you want. If you load all will take forever to check the delete box on what you do not want. Has great search system. I commonly check wind or frontal conditions on Weather Under Ground history. It is located on top of your screen. If I have specific deer pics I will use it to determine how it was entering and exiting area based on wind. You may already know but I will mention anyway. Make sure to keep the ones that show entering and exiting (travel direction) this is highly usable information now and as you gather more information. I usually set some cams on feeding areas setting my time lapse to 1 minute last and first hour of day light at this time of year . Summer I set 5 minute intervals last hour. I can easily get good info all the way out to 400 plus yards using like this. And no risk of spooking deer.

Thanks Fall Guy...great info. Being able to review the pics and select keepers using the software before loading them is the key ingredient I missed. Great point on keeping the ones showing were the deer come from and checking that days wind for patterning too. Now I just need a few more bucks to show back up that were lurking around last year!