Ready

scott44

5 year old buck +
I picked up my cereal grain plot seed today, the elevator ran out of rye before I got there so I checked CL and found a guy fairly close selling it for $8/bu bin run. Most of this will be in totes until next year, I try to be a year out just in case. I'vebeen adding sunflowers the last couple years and I forgot them today so one more trip to town.
75# oats
168# WW
280#+ rye

jMBUqEn.jpg

Anybody else plantng this weekend?

I planted some near the end of July. Oats and buckwheat. Hasn’t rained since so we can say I planted this weekend.

I planted some near the end of July. Oats and buckwheat. Hasn’t rained since so we can say I planted this weekend.
Dry most of the summer here, we've had 3"+ the last week. My sorghum plot planted first of June is not real good and the brassicas are real spotty. Like a lot of years things are up to the clover and cereal grains.

Dry most of the summer here, we've had 3"+ the last week. My sorghum plot planted first of June is not real good and the brassicas are real spotty. Like a lot of years things are up to the clover and cereal grains.

Thats exactly where I am. Clover and grains.

I planted all my stuff 5 weeks ago. The way the weather is going, I wouldn't be suprised to get a first frost 9/15.

I planted all my stuff 5 weeks ago. The way the weather is going, I wouldn't be suprised to get a first frost 9/15.
We've had upper 40's a couple mornings here lately.

You fellas are making it hard to not pull the trigger

If i plant before the end of september , my place will be invaded by mostly peaceful army worms

bill

I picked this seed up Sat. with all good intensions of getting it in last weekend but life happens and I ended up getting it planted Mon/Tues, I planted the cereal grains Mon afternoon and clover, radishes, hairy vetch on Tues. I didn't do TnM/roll this year I mowed and lightly disced the cereal grains in cultipacked and planted the clover mix then cultipacked again, we recieved a couple tenths this A.M. so all is good.

i8QnWIW.jpg

BBc7Did.jpg

If it wasn't for clover these plots wouldn't have been much, sorghum mix and brassicas aren't doing much because of lack of rain. I replanted most of the brassicas with cereal grains.

z2Gucft.jpg

3nCctNY.jpg

Pulled cards yesterday and I don't know why but it still kinda amazes me how fast they come in to freshly turned dirt.

NccsYSn.jpg

XmPWngN.jpg

Moving to the next plot.

UgYQio7.jpg

Last edited:
That clover is lookin pretty sexy

We have good germination on the cereals, now if I could keep these guys out of here. When I first started plotting it was the turkeys scratching and destroying them now it's the sandhill cranes there for over 2hrs digging and eating.

PXEabOu.jpg

Zq9tB9n.jpg

XqhpSbA.jpg

2eEwDpr.jpg