Random Apple Pics

greyphase

5 year old buck +
IMG-3092.jpg

Ashmead Kernel. Cracks for me bad here in 6A and the taste has not yet lived up to it's reputation.

IMG-3310.jpg

Hall, an old southern apple. On M7 planted in the Home Orchard. A small apple with a good taste.

IMG-3393.jpg

Little Benny another southern apple. 4 years old on B118. Has produced nice clean apples with no spray the last two years. Coon/squirrels cleaned them out last year before they ripened. :(

IMG-3397.jpg

Chestnut Crab. My mouth starts to water every time I walk past. :)

IMG-3402.jpg

IMG-3404.jpg

Winter Wildlife Crab. Loaded with fruit as usual. :)

Looking great Rick! We had a chance to taste Arkcharm and Wilson June last night for the first time. Coffelt Beauty had one bloom cluster, but no apples on it this year, maybe next.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Rick - What rootstock is that Chestnut crab on ??

Winter Wildlife crab is the real deal, isn't it ?? Ours have grown and produced really well too. Thanks for posting.

Rick - What rootstock is that Chestnut crab on ??

Winter Wildlife crab is the real deal, isn't it ?? Ours have grown and produced really well too. Thanks for posting.
That Chestnut crabs on B118. Maybe I left it bear too many apples too early in life??? Doesn't seem to want to grow much bigger. 5 year old tree.

^^^^ I just wondered. The camp has 5 Chestnut crabs - 4 on Antonovka and 1 on B-118. The Ant. trees are slower to produce, and our B-118 tree is too young yet to put on fruit. I can't wait until they start to load up.

You have a good variety of hard and soft mast there for the critters. They have to enjoy your place.

IMG-3092.jpg

Ashmead Kernel. Cracks for me bad here in 6A and the taste has not yet lived up to it's reputation.

IMG-3310.jpg

Hall, an old southern apple. On M7 planted in the Home Orchard. A small apple with a good taste.

IMG-3393.jpg

Little Benny another southern apple. 4 years old on B118. Has produced nice clean apples with no spray the last two years. Coon/squirrels cleaned them out last year before they ripened. :(

IMG-3397.jpg

Chestnut Crab. My mouth starts to water every time I walk past. :)

IMG-3402.jpg

IMG-3404.jpg

Winter Wildlife Crab. Loaded with fruit as usual. :)
Nice photos... Where does that Winter Wildlife Crab come from? I was thinking it was Northern Whitetail Crabs but I don’t see it there.

Nice photos... Where does that Winter Wildlife Crab come from? I was thinking it was Northern Whitetail Crabs but I don’t see it there.

Saint Lawrence Nursery.

Reactions: Rit
Saint Lawrence Nursery.
Thanks that tree looks really good. How long has it been in the ground?

Thanks that tree looks really good. How long has it been in the ground?

I believe it's about 12 years old. Antonovka rootstock.

Reactions: Rit