All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Property Suggestions

ALwoodsman

A good 3 year old buck
First off, this is my first post on this forum. I am looking for some advice and a different perspective on setting up a piece of property that I have been doing improvements on for the last several years. I posted this a while back on another habitat forum but thought I might get some different answers from the people here. Sorry if you have already seen this post elsewhere.

Here is the property that I am working with.
farm4l_zpsfcbf3008.jpg

The property line is red. The orange line is my main access but I can access from any direction except the south or left side. Yellow is areas of deer travel. The area to the left(south) is where I have been doing my improvements for the last few years. The area to the right between the two ditches is a pasture of fescue. This year I will begin improvements on it. I will start by spraying the whole field to eliminate the fescue. I know I will also be screening around the sides of the field and around my cabin. I am not sure if I should make this into a bedding area or put more food in this area. I am afraid that adding a large plot here will make it harder to hunt due to the prevailing wind direction. I am considering planting pines, cedars, and NWSG to create a sanctuary and create corridors to the south where I would enlarge my current food plot. Any thoughts or ideas on this?