All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plum tree advice

Redneck

5 year old buck +
I live and south ms and was wondering what is some good wildlife plums I could plant. I have apples, crabeapples and pears. Thanks

Google say MS Extension service or your state colleges or universities. One or more of them will likely have suggested varieties for MS listed. If you dont have native plums you probably dont have the best conditions for growing them. Plums tend to be susceptible to rots and spots.

I have some wild plums and I ordered some Mexican plums from native nurseries. I was just looking for some other varietys to try as I love plums

I have quite a few chickasaw plums on my place, but I didn't plant any of them. I suppose the wildlife did for me. They grow six feet tall or so and, when I can miss a late frost, put out tons of plums in the middle of June.