All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plant analysis test

Honker

5 year old buck +
I was just curious if anyone has ever done a plant analysis on their apple trees? I had a row of trees tested last year by the UW Soils Lab and this is the result. They are kind of throwing me for a loop trying to decide what I need to do this spring to amend the soil. So if you have any thoughts I'm all ears. But otherwise this is how UW does it if anyone is was wondering.

upload_2017-4-6_13-22-24.png

Looks like your low nutrients are micronutrients. I went foliar spray with mine. I am using Agro-K products, not saying they are the only choice. I was very happy with the dialogue between my Agro -K rep and I. Product price is pretty reasonable as well. Seemed to clean up the micro deficiency symptoms some of my trees were displaying last year and test results confirmed and I will do another test this summer. I was told your should only sample one variety per sample when I submitted my sample.

Interpreting the results of plant tissue, I think, is tricky business. It's good stuff, but additional questions are necessary to gain any insight on corrective actions. When were the samples taken? Precipitation about normal for that time of year? How old are the trees? Bearing fruit? What have I forgotten? Soil type? Does it have a naturally high ph? If not, why's it so high on the soil sample? Do you think you got a good soil sample that would be representative of the root area of the trees? And did the area sample correspond to the plant tissue sampling area?