Pike Co IL

Rakman

A good 3 year old buck
I’ll be likely selling a property and have a significant amount of 1031 $ to use on farms(S). I’m looking at potentially splitting up the funds in Northern MO and IL. Should I do so I’m looking at property right across the river via Quincy for the IL portion.

I’m looking for real knowledge on the Pike Co IL area...Not a general opinion based on hearsay. I fully understand much of the county is outfitted on.

Thanks for any current info

Good luck. Prices are high, and inventory is low, as you know. I have two great farms in NEMO, but there aren't many like them availale.

I’ll be likely selling a property and have a significant amount of 1031 $ to use on farms(S). I’m looking at potentially splitting up the funds in Northern MO and IL. Should I do so I’m looking at property right across the river via Quincy for the IL portion.

I’m looking for real knowledge on the Pike Co IL area...Not a general opinion based on hearsay. I fully understand much of the county is outfitted on.

I can't help.
Good to see you. I finally met Mr. Coffey a few weeks ago and he mentioned you. I didn't realize you sold the place west of me until then.

I can't help.
Good to see you. I finally met Mr. Coffey a few weeks ago and he mentioned you. I didn't realize you sold the place west of me until then.
Hi Bill, hope all is well with you.
I thought you had known that, really I thought I texted you last year when I was kicking around a place up there again. Chasing 3 kids around I can’t keep anything straight, heck I’m getting ready to move again, lol. Billy’s a good fella.

If ya hear of anything good in your neighborhood let me know. Gonna try to split the proceeds so I can hunt both states.

Just one person's opinion as a data point (most of this info on the market is well known but for what its worth):

I've owned hunting land east of Quincy since 1993. Not much if any for sale. Hard to find off-market deals. Land Realtors of which there are many scour the countryside and direct mail fishing for listings.....and several buy for their own account or past heavy hitter investors before the good farms ever hit the market. Lots of deep pocket buyers with or without exchange money.

You mentioned outfitters and they are still an influence. Locals are way more in to hunting than they used to be especially now that crossbows are allowed. Locals used to sell out or lease their timber to the outfitters but not so much anymore. This makes the market even tighter. Extremely difficult time to complete an exchange I would think.....especially on a decent sized tract.

The hunting in the neighborhood is average compared to hunting land I own in Southern Iowa. Southern Iowa had been better but EHD and Late Muzzle Loader are changing that. A lot of nice typical in the area that score well but are not as heavy as Iowa as a general rule. Good luck

148 acre farm in pike county just got listed on whitetail properties. $7200/acre. I’ll cut you a deal and sell you mine for $6500/acre just one state south!!