Picked up 2 new pieces to bowhunt

biglakeba$$

5 year old buck +
This morning, I stopped by a long time family friend who farms around our property.
Mainly to get the annual permission to duck hunt their land.
They own over 1000 acres in the general area around our farm.

When I walked into the "office", I was greeted with, "The hunter is back".

Permission easily granted for duck hunting where ever we wanted.
I followed up with any spots that would be open to bowhunting. I asked in the context that I am not looking to shoot their deer vs our deer on our farm. More that I want to spread out the "pressure" so that we dont educate deer so much on our place.
I quickly was dragged into the official "office" that had an NRCS/FSA map on the wall and had every parcel they own outlined.

I was given permission to hunt these 2 farms.

7b3fc7f5fcbafe0694165e483f36bf2b.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yellow spots are the new spots. Blue is our farm.

For several years I have been hell bent to shoot deer on our farm because of all the work we do.
I just gotta let it rest, and I have known that for a while.

So now, we can pick spots to hunt based on wind. The 2 new places are perfect exact opposites for hunting on varying winds.

Sadly now I have to buy more ladder stands and trail cams. I am so bummed. :)

When I was up north this last week I looked at a new piece of property that is for sale about a mile from us. Its for sale by owner. I told him that we want to be able to hunt it for rifle. He is unsure right now, but if we get access we can get to some really good state land behind the property too.

Good luck, never hurts to ask

No it doesnt. It helps to know people personally when it comes to gaining deer hunting access for certain.

I just had to come to a point where we have tried enough and now its best to tread lighter.

More acres..... For sure a better option. I would love to own more, but we are fortunate to be able to make this change.

Be interesting to see how many bucks you get pics of visiting all three parcels.