All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photographs

Beautiful Picture!

Very Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first bow hunt in southeastern Illinois and a trail cam picture that looks more like a painting

Attachments

• 6005C0C9-6FEC-4A8B-834D-4278BC47B2CF.jpeg
    6005C0C9-6FEC-4A8B-834D-4278BC47B2CF.jpeg
    479.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 0FD7C1CF-1D9E-4330-A961-8A5AC6A64A90.jpeg
    0FD7C1CF-1D9E-4330-A961-8A5AC6A64A90.jpeg
    487.4 KB · Views: 56
9GSB1S1h.jpg

and a trail cam picture that looks more like a painting

I have some trail cam pics of this dude. My neighbor sent me this one. It’s a pic of a computer screen but I thought the same thing. Looks like a painting. His son took him a week later.
I have to get the original.

16623821-1645-4DF6-87DC-993C21A87C67.png

That’s a great picture !!

This was my dad's 1st deer, taken on his 1st ever deer hunt. It was a deer drive. I was there, but didn't make the picture for some reason. The guy who drove into the pasture and snapped the pics must've thought he was good enough to ink his initials into the corner. I know who all the guys are, but haven't seen any in many years. One was our taxidermist for a long time. One was my dad's farm employee for a number of years. One was an underwater welder. This day got us hooked on deer hunting. The following year I took my 1st deer. We only allowed drives for 2 years after this. That was dad's GMC. I always liked the pics.

1stdeer.jpg1stdeer1.jpg

Few of my favorites were live buck photo captures from the house.

This buck inspired me to hunt deer again after about a 25 year break. Didn't get the chance to harvest him once season started / didn't see him again after early fall 2014.

Velvet Ocho.jpg

Few may recall bit of history I had with this buck, Irma, named so because I first spotted him right before Hurricane Irma made landfall near us. Two pictures below were captured later in the fall and I liked them as a bit of frost was visible in them, and we don't get too many frosts down our way in North Florida.

Frost.jpg

Irma.jpg

Did manage to harvest him later that season and it made for one of my favorite harvest photos as I jokingly asked my daughter to pose as if I'd killed "Comet" and Santa was going to be a deer short come Christmas. :emoji_wink:

Comet.jpg