All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Patching rubber boots

Bill Loser

5 year old buck +
I have a pair of cabelas brand insulated rubber boots. They are about 1 year old. I noticed today there is a hole worn in the ankle area on the back of 1 of the boots. Its almost like a crack. Has anyone ever had any luck patching rubber boots? I hate to get rid of them as they are like new everywhere else yet.
If it was still cabelas i would return them for a new pair. But since bass pro bought them the return policy sucks and customer service is worse.

You shouldn't have a problem patching them. I'm sure just a simple inner tube patch would fit the bill.

Maybe try some caulk if it's more of a crack.

I feel your pain. Seems like every rubber boot I try eventually springs a leak. I have had great luck with Shoe Goo. I have always gotten a few more years out of a pair. On bigger cracks or holes I'll just what S.T. Fanatic suggested and use a piece of rubber as a patch along with the Shoe Goo.

Go get a bicycle tire patch kit from Wally World or the like. I put the patch on and then cover it in shoe goo. Will outlast the rest of the boot!

Not rocket science, a rubber inner tube repair kit or a wader repair kit. Making sure boot surface really clean for proper adhesive seal.

Yeah, i thought about the tube patch. Wasnt sure how it would hold up being that the crack is right where the boot flexes when walking.
I have tried all different types of silicone and urethane caulks on boots in the past and it doesn't stick.
I even tried flex seal on the entire boot once. That held good until i walked in them, then it all cracked and fell off.
Just wanted to see if anyone had any different ideas.
Thanks for the responses!