Ozone believer

Is that the correct coil for the Ozonics unit? If so, that thing only generates 75 milligrams/hour (that’s what 0.075 grams/hour?). I have been looking at getting a plate or set of plates in the 3.5-5 grams/hour. The industrial hospital cleaning units make 10 grams/hour I believe. If Ozonics is working with 0.075 grams/hour I should be golden using 3.5 grams/hour.

I have found several moisture resistant plates that are 3.5 grams/hour that are available for like $35 with the transformer. The plate and transformer on 3.5 g/hour uses like 40 watts of power.

I believe the math goes like this. If I want to run a system on 12 volts using 40 watts for an hour, I need in a perfect system 3300 mah (3.3AmpHours). So, let’s add 5 watts for inefficiencies and a small 12v fan. This is way over necessary for fan power but let’s run this safe. Then assume the battery can only drain 85% of its capacity. I also want to run my unit for 12-hours straight while hunting an all day sit.

So we need 3750 mah in perfect battery
We need about 4425 mah on an 85% efficient battery. Over 12 hours we would need 53,100 mah to run the system. Those small jump 12v packs are claiming to exceed 60,000mah for around $50. The part I’m concerned about is if I click boost on the jump pack if it will send the full 200amps through the transformer, fan and ozone plate.

If, the Ozonics unit only makes 0.075 g/hr, I would be more than confident only using the 1 g/hr ozone generator. I think I could get the system down to around 15 watts on that. Meaning I would only need 18,000 mah in 12v and I could use one battery off Amazon for $29 for an all day sit. I think that package wouldn’t run over like $80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes.. the ozonics coil is micro.. and I am sure their profits are HUGE.. I don't recall how much my home unit puts out. but it's in the Bill category of machines. Which is WAY to much ozone to have above you hunting!! you could not breathe if you did. Mine in my closet is overpowering.

Is that the correct coil for the Ozonics unit? If so, that thing only generates 75 milligrams/hour (that’s what 0.075 grams/hour?). I have been looking at getting a plate or set of plates in the 3.5-5 grams/hour. The industrial hospital cleaning units make 10 grams/hour I believe. If Ozonics is working with 0.075 grams/hour I should be golden using 3.5 grams/hour.

I have found several moisture resistant plates that are 3.5 grams/hour that are available for like $35 with the transformer. The plate and transformer on 3.5 g/hour uses like 40 watts of power.

I believe the math goes like this. If I want to run a system on 12 volts using 40 watts for an hour, I need in a perfect system 3300 mah (3.3AmpHours). So, let’s add 5 watts for inefficiencies and a small 12v fan. This is way over necessary for fan power but let’s run this safe. Then assume the battery can only drain 85% of its capacity. I also want to run my unit for 12-hours straight while hunting an all day sit.

So we need 3750 mah in perfect battery
We need about 4425 mah on an 85% efficient battery. Over 12 hours we would need 53,100 mah to run the system. Those small jump 12v packs are claiming to exceed 60,000mah for around $50. The part I’m concerned about is if I click boost on the jump pack if it will send the full 200amps through the transformer, fan and ozone plate.

If, the Ozonics unit only makes 0.075 g/hr, I would be more than confident only using the 1 g/hr ozone generator. I think I could get the system down to around 15 watts on that. Meaning I would only need 18,000 mah in 12v and I could use one battery off Amazon for $29 for an all day sit. I think that package wouldn’t run over like $80.

Sweet. Figure it all out and test it to make sure it works and then post everything we need to make our own unit.

Had a couple more deer down wind of me and all they did was take a couple sniffs and continue on their way.
Yes it is sure of it someone looked up the patent on one of the forums. That seems to be the same reaction I have had for probably over a 100 deer. A couple really big sniffs head up like something is off and they are getting ready to go on alert then back to feeding walking etc. I don't want to get into a debate with ozonics but I used my buddies for an entire year free of charge as he was busy in the fields. After seeing that reaction over and over I did buy one.

I can count on one hand how many times I have had a deer blow since using. I am hyperanal about scent control but the reality is it may or may not work. I feel it works so will continue to use it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

With a DIY setup like you are talking about, the amount of ozone is WAY more than the store bought version. When it comes to ozone, can there be too much of a good thing?
My buddy used the Scent Crusher system and it crushed all the elastic in his hunting clothes. He has since switched to ozonics and loves it. Just wondering if ozone strength can ruin clothes, gear or be bad in any other way???

I built a closet out of boards and a tarp, works great. Scrap lumber and a 60.00 ozone machine and bigger than my buddies 300.00 dollar one from scent crusher. We are believers. We got busted a lot less last year and this year so far we have both had great sits with no snorting does.

I just ordered a battery powered witha timer for around 40 dollars today off amazon

With a DIY setup like you are talking about, the amount of ozone is WAY more than the store bought version. When it comes to ozone, can there be too much of a good thing?
My buddy used the Scent Crusher system and it crushed all the elastic in his hunting clothes. He has since switched to ozonics and loves it. Just wondering if ozone strength can ruin clothes, gear or be bad in any other way???
Yes Google dangers of ozone. Elastic and rubber damage can be minimized by short bursts of ozone and then I usually try to air out it after. I run the scent crusher generator for 15 min then open the tub and waive the lid over it has helped a lot to this point

So far the only thing I've lost is the elastic waist band out of some 15 year old wool long john pants. Was it ozone or age?

My rubber boots got 3500 mg/hour for 4 hours a day last season 25+ days and their good to go.. But be cautious I've read it can hurt rubber. I just haven't seen it.

Last year I did accidently let it run in my living room for a month! Timer didn't work. There was a white residue on the glass windows and glass top tables. Place smelled great though. :emoji_laughing::emoji_grinning:

Didn't hurt anything I can find including lamp cords and deer mounts.

Wow! I feel like I'm breathing bleach every time I open up the back of my truck after running my unit for just ten minutes. It must be that there's a big difference in the commercial units and hunting specific units in generation power. There's no way I could run it inside for a significant amount of time without noticing.

Wow! I feel like I'm breathing bleach every time I open up the back of my truck after running my unit for just ten minutes. It must be that there's a big difference in the commercial units and hunting specific units in generation power. There's no way I could run it inside for a significant amount of time without noticing.

I wasn't home while it ran so long. Had to open every window and let it air out for a bit. Luckily ozone breaks down pretty quickly.

Apparently, the reason that these hunting and outdoor ozone generators are not common is because Ozonics has the patent on that corner of the market (duh I guess). So, that explains the reason other companies are not getting in on this lucrative side of the business. Also, apparently, a company that has recently released a similar version to Ozonics is now being sued by Ozonics. This is second hand information from a pretty reliable source. It’s all I know. Makes sense now why I need to DIY and why when I put the short list together of equipment needed to make a DIY “Ozonics” the costs are a fraction.

This seems like a simple enough system to put together. When payday rolls around near the end of the week, In picking up and ordering the supplies to make one. I’ll start a new thread on this stuff as I/we took this way off into the weeds on the OP. Sorry bud.

Apparently, the reason that these hunting and outdoor ozone generators are not common is because Ozonics has the patent on that corner of the market (duh I guess). So, that explains the reason other companies are not getting in on this lucrative side of the business. Also, apparently, a company that has recently released a similar version to Ozonics is now being sued by Ozonics. This is second hand information from a pretty reliable source. It’s all I know. Makes sense now why I need to DIY and why when I put the short list together of equipment needed to make a DIY “Ozonics” the costs are a fraction.

This seems like a simple enough system to put together. When payday rolls around near the end of the week, In picking up and ordering the supplies to make one. I’ll start a new thread on this stuff as I/we took this way off into the weeds on the OP. Sorry bud.

Scent crusher is in fact being sued for their model.