All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NW MN Frosty Tines Expo

nwmn

5 year old buck +
Hi all.

I know many folks here don't affiliate with QDMA, due to what happened years ago on the other site, but up in NW MN we have created a QDMA branch to help create a group of people with common interests, in an effort to help educate and help people achieve their hunitng/management goals.

We are hosting a mini expo on February 24th in Thief River Falls, MN. Attached is the flyer. We will have some speakers presenting numerous topics, along with booths set up to promote hunting companies/non profits. We are also having a B&C scorer present to score antlers that come in, and largest score will walk away with a rifle.

Please share with your friends, and for anyone that you may know from NW MN that wants to get involved, they can get in touch with me.

Check us out! https://www.frostytinesqdma.com/

Expo.PNG

Last edited:
Their not my cup of tea but good luck with all your efforts..

Their not my cup of tea but good luck with all your efforts..
I felt there needed to be a presence of some sort up here. In my experience and opinion, the area could use some education and hopefully get us to saving some more yearling bucks.

Have you contacted any of the old QDMA group that was in NW Mn?

At one point I think they switched to QDM and dropped the A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Havent yet. Just kind of trying to get momentum now. I hope having this expo will pull some of those with historic ties to the group. More or less a group to help with group buys, have seminars and just learn about deer stuff. Show the public that there are others out there that have a passion as well.

Oh boy. What did I miss about the old QDMA group up there that put guys off???? This sounds interesting!

What puts people off about the "A" is doing all the work and sending 75% of the proceeds from the banquets back to corporate. Then getting nothing in return

This is true. National is in a southern state, so money raised from banquets likely aren't entirely spent in the geographic territory that raised it.
One nice thing about our branch, is that we aren't having a banquet, so it's more or less a place to raise money to use locally. Plan is to use it amongst branch activities, such as bringing in speakers, and hosting events to offer learning opportunities. We will offer the opportunity for people to sign up for memberships, but we won't push it. At least that's our current perogative. Things can change; if that's the direction expected and they force our hand to move profits to a different region, I don't see us being successful. Goal is to strictly serve NW MN, and create a space for people to share ideas and help each other out.