All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Note of Thanks

Bowsnbucks

5 year old buck +
As this spring approaches, and we get ready to plant this year's habitat goodies, I want to again say thank - you to all the contributors on this forum who spread knowledge here. I've learned a ton about fruit trees, pruning & training, protection from deer, voles and mice, sprays for weeds / grasses, grafting, recognizing diseases and insects, DR varieties, links to other info sources, etc. A majority of the success we've had at camp with our habitat work is attributable to this forum and the guys who share the knowledge.

Many of the things I post now are things I learned from veterans of this forum and a couple others that had members migrate here. I can't take credit for some of the things I post now - I'm just echoing what I've learned from the experienced guys. Just passing it along, especially since the advice WORKS. Allowing for regional differences in climate & soils, the advice is pretty spot-on. I try to pass on what I've seen with my own eyes as far as apples and crabs go, and some experience with other habitat plants. It's the least I can do after having learned so much from all you other gents who contribute here.

So thank-you many times over. Good luck and good weather to all of the planters on here !!

As this spring approaches, and we get ready to plant this year's habitat goodies, I want to again say thank - you to all the contributors on this forum who spread knowledge here. I've learned a ton about fruit trees, pruning & training, protection from deer, voles and mice, sprays for weeds / grasses, grafting, recognizing diseases and insects, DR varieties, links to other info sources, etc. A majority of the success we've had at camp with our habitat work is attributable to this forum and the guys who share the knowledge.

Many of the things I post now are things I learned from veterans of this forum and a couple others that had members migrate here. I can't take credit for some of the things I post now - I'm just echoing what I've learned from the experienced guys. Just passing it along, especially since the advice WORKS. Allowing for regional differences in climate & soils, the advice is pretty spot-on. I try to pass on what I've seen with my own eyes as far as apples and crabs go, and some experience with other habitat plants. It's the least I can do after having learned so much from all you other gents who contribute here.

So thank-you many times over. Good luck and good weather to all of the planters on here !!
Nicely said

I didn't include thanks to John and the mods here for all you guys do. Thank-you !!! Without you guys, we wouldn't be here to BS with each other. I didn't mean to slight you gents. In my initial post I was thinking of the whole crowd here, but you guys deserve recognition.

I'll say a posthumous thank-you to Paul Knox - aka Lickcreek & Doubltree - for all his great info for so many of us …….. watching from a higher vantage point.

Nice post Bows.
I’ve leaned a LOT from the folks on this forum. I’m greatly appreciative.
And I’ve had a lot of help growing my orchard from Scion from a lot of generous people on here.
Thanks, all.