All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not a Foodplot but.....

chucker66

5 year old buck +
Has anyone tried frost-seeding grass seed in their lawn? Mine is still under the snow but I am curious if it would work.

Chuck

The landscaping company in the development that I just moved in seeded and fertilized my lawn in late fall

I wouldn't. We've had great results seeding in Sept. - Oct. Then fertilizing triple 10 in Spring and high-nitrogen lawn fertilizer in June.

Yes! I was a landscaper and did it regularly with great results.

I'm not talking bare ground, just over seeding some thin spots. I will give it a try. Grass seed isn't that much. Looks like my Lab left plenty of fertilizer out there :emoji_poop:

My grandfather was a landscaper his entire life. He would often frost seed grass seed. If there was a late light snow he’d always be out on either his property or one of his clients doing some seeding. Hard to argue with a lifetime of success and he didn’t do anything that wasted time.

Yes, I was spreading seed on thin spots at the lake house today.