All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern Tool High Pressure Tree Sprayer Not Working

2ndHand

5 year old buck +
Seeking advice - I have a 16 gal. Northern Tool high pressure tree sprayer that will not pull a suction at tank inlet. I have had a similar problem with this model sprayer in the past. The current sprayer has been in use for less than 4 months. Any suggestions on what might be wrong or how to fix it? When using, I first fill tank 1/2 full with water then mix the chemicals in a 5 gal bucket using a drill/paint mixer before adding. When done spraying, I clean the tank and run clean water through the system for about 5 mins. On prior (same model) sprayers, I have taken the pump apart to clean, but haven’t been able to find any issues or get it to pull water from tank. I tried priming, but that didn’t help either.
Any ideas on what might be wrong?
Thank you!

When mine does not work, I use an air compressor line with an air blower wand to pressurize the water in the tank. I open the lid and stick in the wand. I use a towel to seal the top of the tank while holding the trigger. Happens a few times a year.

^sprayer trigger

^sprayer trigger
Thanks for the reply! I will give it a try!! I ordered another one to have available if I can’t get this one to work. Thinking it might also be an issue with the solenoid. Next sprayers going to be a Rears 3pt. Pac Blast.
Thanks again!