All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No more wet feet

tooln

5 year old buck +
I have a buddy at work who bought a new place. The old owner had several old flower beds and small gardens that were lined with cedar post. He was looking to get rid of them and I told him I'd buy from him what ever he didn't want. He said he's happy just to get rid of them. I took whatever he did want figuring I used them somewhere. Today I made a walk bridge across a small creek that I cross at times. Not bad for reuse of old materials.

You gotta love improving something on your place for free. When I bought my place it was full of all kinds of old junk. I was trying to get rid of an old house trailer frame that the tires had rotted off of. I asked a neighbor if he had any ideas about how I could get rid of it at the least expense. He said, "Somewhere on your place there's a crossing that would be easier with a bridge. Drag it there and cover it with boards." It was a perfect bridge frame. Now, everything I see that's on its way to the dump gets evaluated for some possible new use on the farm. Nice work!

Good looking bridge.