All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No more fawns for you!

H20fwler

5 year old buck +
Deer gun in Ohio this past week....I don't care what I'm hunting deer, turkey whatever, as soon as I see a coyote I'm coyote hunting!
45/70 sixty yards in woods walking slow dropped like it was pole axed.

jpMKXmB.jpg

Love the gun!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My wife got one too.20181130_190441.jpg

Oh no^^^^^^^^^^^...I've got mixed emotions on that one, sucks car got dinged but good the yote got it, tell you wife congrats anyway!

Love the gun!

Thanks
Winchester 1886 special addition take down. The wife gave me all kinds of static when I bought it ten years ago, now it's legal to use here deer hunting and is flat out deadly. I've shot five deer with it youngest son has shot three all one shot kills. Shoots way further than I ever thought it would...and I like the old school of it.

I don't care what I'm hunting deer, turkey whatever, as soon as I see a coyote I'm coyote hunting!

AMEN! No yote is ever walking by me if I can reach it!

Is the fur on top of the shoulders weird? All the coyotes I shot in Ohio last year had a bizarre patch of short fur on top of the shoulders.

Is the fur on top of the shoulders weird? All the coyotes I shot in Ohio last year had a bizarre patch of short fur on top of the shoulders.

Most likly from rubbing, very small window when your likely to harvest a prime pelt.

What do you mean? Rubbing on what?

I never saw it before, but then suddenly all the yotes had it last year.

Mange mostly,
but matted fur from cockle burrs is an irritant as well.

Coyotes are considered targets of opportunity on my farm. Judges have deemed that wolves need protection here in WI. When I hear about the negative effects wolf packs have on the deer herd in the UP and Northern WI, I have my own feelings for them also.