New Wisconsin Typical Archery Record Buck

Tree Spud

5 year old buck +
I think Wisconsin can hold it's own ...

A white-tailed deer taken by a bowhunter this fall in Dodge County has been scored as the Wisconsin archery record for typical bucks.

The 13-pointer was shot on Oct. 11 by Adam Hupf of Beaver Dam. After the mandatory 60-day drying period, the rack was officially panel-scored Saturday in Green Bay by members of the Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club.

The rack measured 200 4/8 inches gross and 191 6/8 inches net, according to information from the Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club. It had an 18 4/8 inch inside spread and 43 4/8 inch circumference, The buck supplants the 187 7/8 inch deer taken in 2012 in Fond du Lac County by Dusty Gerrits of Waupun.

The state record typical whitetail taken by firearms is the 206 1/8 inch buck taken in 1914 by Jim Jordan in Burnett County, according to records kept by Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club and Boone and Crockett Club.

The photo below, provided courtesy of Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club, shows the rack of the Hupf buck being held by measurers on Saturday. The measurers include Mark Miller of Wisconsin Buck & Bear Club, Pope and Young Club, Boone and Crockett Club; Stan Zirbel of Wisconsin Buck & Bear, Pope and Young, Boone and Crockett; Marlin Laidlaw of Wisconsin Buck & Bear; Earl Conradt of Wisconsin Buck & Bear, Pope and Young; Andy Sternagel of Wisconsin Buck & Bear; and Bucky Ihlenfeldt of Wisconsin Buck & Bear, Pope and Young, Boone and Crockett.
Additional information and photos are planned for release later this week, Ihlenfeldt said.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/285847111.html

Cool-it isn't just wi. The real big bucks keep coming from the same areas. It happens everywhere you look. The bucks just have to grow old. Habitat and low hunter density are two key factors.

Cool-it isn't just wi. The real big bucks keep coming from the same areas. It happens everywhere you look. The bucks just have to grow old. Habitat and low hunter density are two key factors.

You sound like a deer whisperer now ... :)

Congrats to the hunter! I'm going to predict this new record is broken next year though.

Congrats to the hunter! I'm going to predict this new record is broken next year though.
Why so?

Because there were some absolute giants that made it through the season that were as big, bigger or just under and I'm thinking this winter is going to end up on the mild side. I also think there are a couple 190 class bucks killed this year that have yet to be scored.

You sound like a deer whisperer now ... :)
Seriously, what has it been now 4,5 bucks that broke the state record the last 7 years both typicial/ nt in about a ten mile radius around that area. take a guess?

Seriously, what has it been now 4,5 bucks that broke the state record the last 7 years both typicial/ nt in about a ten mile radius around that area. take a guess?

Well one of them was Fon du lac area and one was Washaura area ...

You are spot on about habitat density, low pressure, and patience ... That's why I smiled ... too many here on this site and others think if you over manipulate your property, the trophy will appear.

I am constantly amazed that something that big can survive that long in our part of the state. I know of 2 - 190" plus class deer taken in our county over the past 3 years archery that were never advertised ... the best properties stay quiet ... ;)