new summit goliath sd ultra, ikea could have better assembly direction.............

mikmaze

5 year old buck +
good grief, finally decided on a lighter weigh climber for use in NY, got here fast, looks great but.... The 40 page document that is supposed to be assembly, listed every other model but the one I got, pieces with not even a picture of where they go, parts? sure, bag full of em. figure and try, look for help online, same dang manual in pdf form. Called cust service, on hold for half an hour.spoke with someone, voiced my grief, and was told I would get an email in 5 minutes with some better directions. nothing 3 hours later. The "backpack" setup option for carry in/ out is pretty bad, loops over a bar and can slide back and forth with nothing to center the stand on your back. when nested together the straps are buried behind the cushion, lets see, climbing stirrups? sure, lets build the items you need to hook your feet under to climb up and down safely out of PLASTIC so when it gets cold they might shatter and leave you half way up or down the tree. Oh, and lets attach them to the stand using a bolt and a wingnut that has no thread lock feature......... hmmmm, missing anything? yeah, 320 dollars to a reputable company for all this added joy and future excitement. rant on hold for now.

I have had a Goliath for many years, no problems. I don't remember much assembly needed. Climbing stirrups are one of the great inventions of all times. Of course I've been using climbing stands for 40 years. Homemade in the early years out of aluminum and plywood. Just always and forever remember to keep the seat connected to the platform with the strap. If it helps just look at the picture on the box and make it look like that. Good luck.

oh I got it done, and added a few items, to keep the backpack straps centered I tapped a screw through the strap witha fender washer, and zip tied the other ends to the corners so it stays wide and doesn't tip on that end. I also noticed the price dropped by 40.02 at Cabelas, so I called them and got credited the diff to my card as it was within 7 days of my purchase.

I absolutely hate no directions worse than Chinese directions. Every time I try to follow Chinese direction I swear some guy in China is laughing and saying FU round eye!

that and the blatant use of cheap chinesium alloy, that shiz will get you killed. driving for 40 years now, have yet to buy an import.