New state record in Minn

I wondered that too considering they don't even know what year it was taken.

How in the heck did they validate the story on that one? 2nd place isn't even close!

This is the problem with not harvesting the animal live on the hoof. No record or registration so no way to verify. This could be a game farm animal just as much as it is free range.

This is the problem with not harvesting the animal live on the hoof. No record or registration so no way to verify. This could be a game farm animal just as much as it is free range.

Story is it was shot, just in the 60s before the drurys and lakoskys learnt people on what a booner was.

We don’t have captive facilities here in Connecticut , so I’m not familiar with if they lose a deer over the fence or however it escapes, does whoever is in charge of the facility notify the state or does nobody get notified about it? If a breeder buck got loose, I would think the state would get notified . But again, I have no idea.

Here they are “supposed “ to keep good records. That said five miles from where I sit a family has an exotic deer farm.
Over the last twenty years or more they have had elk, red stag, fallow deer and bison get out that I know of. Some have been shot during deer season others recaptured. They specialize in selling velvet antlers to the Asian market and exotic meats.

Twenty miles away is a white tail deer farm that has a lot of piebalds and white deer, every couple of years one or more are seen eating out in bean fields in that neighborhood in summer. They have them escape enough that it seems commonplace.

I am 100% against deer farms and high fence pay to hunt places in Ohio. They are responsible for all the deer diseases getting spread. I wish my state would ban it all.

As far as letting super genetic deer loose on hunt clubs…Texas ranches have done that for over 100 years.

2 years ago a guy bought the farm I grew up hunting on and had since built high fence and started raising elk. Last week we found where they had dumped a dead elk calf off of a bridge by our house. That has to be illegal. That could spread all manner of disease to our deer herd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 years ago a guy bought the farm I grew up hunting on and had since built high fence and started raising elk. Last week we found where they had dumped a dead elk calf off of a bridge by our house. That has to be illegal. That could spread all manner of disease to our deer herd.

I'd be callin that one in!

I used to work for a whitetail breeder.

He had one split his skull due to antler mass becoming to heavy for it’s skull plates that were still growing and not fused.

I used to work for a whitetail breeder.

He had one split his skull due to antler mass becoming to heavy for it’s skull plates that were still growing and not fused.
Should pay a fine or jail time for animal abuse

I've heard the latest trick is sketchy rich guys buy does from deer farms and release them into their local herds. I wonder how true that is.
Not just does, but “bred does”. Or that’s what an acquaintance who’s family raises deer in Tennessee said. And he said they are not bred naturally, but artificially. And…. The trophy bucks are shocked in their junk to get the semen out!!! Ouch and ouch.

Not just does, but “bred does”. Or that’s what an acquaintance who’s family raises deer in Tennessee said. And he said they are not bred naturally, but artificially. And…. The trophy bucks are shocked in their junk to get the semen out!!! Ouch and ouch.

What?! Shock their junk to get it out! Pretty sure that would have the opposite effect on me!

I've heard the latest trick is sketchy rich guys buy does from deer farms and release them into their local herds. I wonder how true that is.

That’s not even recent… bred does have been a “genetics improvement” product for decades. I knew of places doing it in the 90’s in South Texas.