New Press/Grinder, different cider

sandbur

5 year old buck +
There are more tiny apple chunks with this system. I might switch to a smaller mesh bag.

The cider was in the fridge for about two weeks and seems to have fermented a bit from the natural yeast. I like it!
ccbca3da082af8a026fdc893827bfa99.jpg

I went with the stainless system like Aero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pics of your process please ... looking to learn.

WOW! Outstanding ... I like the stainless MOC.

Very nice Pr K!

Nice!
That is something I want to get into once my orchard really starts putting apples out. I want to plant some of the red fleshed apples to so a few gallons can have a blush to them. The apple mash would be good deer food too, just missed getting an old cider press off a buddy this summer he sent it to auction couple days before I heard about it.

Nice!
That is something I want to get into once my orchard really starts putting apples out. I want to plant some of the red fleshed apples to so a few gallons can have a blush to them. The apple mash would be good deer food too, just missed getting an old cider press off a buddy this summer he sent it to auction couple days before I heard about it.
I too want to make a red (not just blushed) cider from my Scarlet Surprise apples. I wonder if it will oxidize and turn more brown than red.

One of my Kerr trees was dropping yesterday, so I should have some red to pink cider in this next batch.
Usually Kerr is late and I have had them hold fruit into winter. The other Kerr tree seems to be holding yet.

Most of my larger apple trees are taking a rest, so this batch of cider will have lots of seedlings along with Kerr and chestnut except for a few larger apples.
a19939eae1fc676821c7b3796dfc6e6a.jpg

Are some of those Buckman??

Are some of those Buckman??

I have no Buckman crabs this year. The tree is resting and I probably took off too much new growth for scion last Feb.

One of my Kerr trees was dropping yesterday, so I should have some red to pink cider in this next batch.
Usually Kerr is late and I have had them hold fruit into winter. The other Kerr tree seems to be holding yet.

Most of my larger apple trees are taking a rest, so this batch of cider will have lots of seedlings along with Kerr and chestnut except for a few larger apples.

Let's see some videos on you making that beautiful cider!

I can’t film the video and make the cider at the same time since I am working alone.

I also am so good looking ( and humble) that Hollywood would immediately offer me contracts. Do you believe that?

;)

I can’t film the video and make the cider at the same time since I am working alone.

I also am so good looking ( and humble) that Hollywood would immediately offer me contracts. Do you believe that?

;)

The proof is in my picture!
3752a4888123437e5965e262e83e3431.jpg

Cider press , about 35 gallons per press , runs on water pressure bladder press , secret is the fine grind makes it easier to press with proper grind

Attachments

• IMG_3197.JPG
    IMG_3197.JPG
    214.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3199.JPG
    IMG_3199.JPG
    217.8 KB · Views: 19